“Great location”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Henrietta, New York
“Great location”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Eveready diner in Rhinebeck is in a great location since it is close to the Dutchess County fairgrounds and the hospital. Of course being in historic Rhinebeck makes it a fabulous place to eat in itself. The food is good and the prices are average. The only complaint I had was with the waitress not being very friendly. Otherwise I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends. Maybe the waitress was just having a bad day.

• Visited October 2013

Rhinebeck, New York
“Don't believe them (after 9 pm) and food is not fresh...(eventhough some of the waitresses are!)”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a meal at Eveready, (which I usually enjoy, as the quality in the past has been good and the staff friendly). This night however, I think that the food was premade/ (possibly they do not cook after 9 pm or they just did not want to.) What bothered me however, was that the waitress that night (or cook inside the kitchen) was not honest.
I asked the waitress about the fried chicken which comes with three pieces and said I did not want to eat white meat and preferred dark meat. I said that I would order it if it could be chicken legs or thighs. The waitress went into the kitchen to ask. When she came back, she remarked happily: "Yes! We are going to give you three thighs... is that alright?" "Sure" I said.
The plate came out with two heavily battered triangular shaped(very overcooked- and dry) chicken breasts and one thigh. When I pointed out to the waitress that they were chicken breasts which had been cut in half, she said.. " oh--well--we call those chicken thighs--- we consider them thighs (even though they clearly were not...)... then she snapped: "I'm not going to argue with you about it. " She turned on her heel and walked away before I could say anything more. If they had only said that they were out of dark meat in the beginning, I would have been happy to order something else! In addition, the corn cob (which was supposed to come with the meal) was shriveled and overcooked to a rubber consistency--in short inedible. I am saddened by this ghastly experience.

• Visited October 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful experience and fantastic food”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We found this place accidentally. It is set up like an old-fashioned diner and wait staff was dressed to fit the theme. We had a terrific breakfast with a great waiter. Later in the day we returned for dinner. The food was all freshly made and portions were more than generous. They have ample seating but the tables were not crowded and the place was very clean. Prices were reasonable. They make their own breads - which were outstanding - and desserts. We had so much to eat with our dinner that we couldn't possible eat dessert - but they looked fabulous. They also have fresh-squeezed orange juice - made to order.

• Visited September 2013
Austin, TX
“Excellent all-around”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Comfortable booths, Norman Rockwell posters on the walls along with a few 1950s movie posters. Pleasing decor, excellent service, and really tasty food. It was so good, I asked if the ingredients were fresh (not flown in frozen), and was told everything was fresh and made from scratch. So good, I went back for breakfast the next day.

Visited September 2013
Salt Point, New York
“Its not a diner”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We wanted to go somewhere quick so chose the Eveready Diner in Rhinebeck. To me it is not a diner. Our waitress was very nice. I had the Penne ala vodka which was very good. My husband had the blackened scallops. He ate it but it was not good at all. The scallops were extremely salty.

• Visited September 2013