“Rude waitress, no work ethic, Eveready needs to train their staff”
Review of Eveready Diner - CLOSED

Eveready Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Love the Eveready diner in Hyde Park. But something is amiss in Rhinebeck. Recently went to the diner with a large party for a special occasion. Ordered classic diner fare (hot turkey and mashed potato dinner). Somebody else in my party ordered the same thing. When the order came out, mine was a "hash" on top of stuffing, and my cousin's was what you would expect, sliced turkey. When I asked the waitress about this, she retorted "well, that's all that was left from the turkey" (meaning the scraps). To make matters worse, she was extremely apathetic and non apologetic. When I suggested I would eat it, but I felt I shouldn't be charged, she said "well if you eat it you are going to be charged". Once again, no apologies. When it was coffee time, she was annoyed about having to go back to the table and fill more cups. And when asked for a candle for my grandmothers 91st birthday, she quipped "we don't do birthdays". Total incompetency and arrogance. In my years as a server, I would have never treated the customer in this way. I got something to go for my daughter who was sick at home, and it was pretty disgusting (chicken tenders that were overdone and dry) Our family is pretty certain we will not be eating there again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Warmly welcomed and seated right away. Took a while for the waiter to show up, he looked like he was not happy to be there. The food was good for the price. Service a little slow. Dessert was O.K. did not have what I wanted (carrot cake-on the menu), settled for something else but did get ala mode as requested. Wife asked for coffee for her dessert and never got it. Check out was quick, hostesses were extremely friendly and very nice smiles - they should give the waiter some lessons. The worst part were all the flies, the Diner look clean by all the flies made you think how clean were the areas you could not see. Wife said restroom was not very clean. I would come back just to see if was only a one time bad visit.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

having spent most of my life on long island, which is diner central, have been very disappointed by what passes for diners here in upstate ny. stumbled upon eveready by chance. diner heaven. must try mom's potroast. rhinebeck doesnt allow them to stay open 24/7 that is only improvement i could see.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The food here is great down home cooking, and you get more than enough on your plate! If you can manage to still have dessert, they have the best Strawberry Shortcake Sundae!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We went to the Rhinebeck Fairgrounds for a car event and when we were leaving we stopped in to the Eveready Diner. We were seated immediately, our waitress was really nice and we ordered and our food, came out in I think less than 5 minutes. It was delicious. I would recommend this place. I was noticing a group of two moms with their children and the little kids were served their food in a 1957 Cheverolet Car, it was adorable. They have a counter inside that you can sit at. It was decorated really nice inside. I give them a big thumbs up!