“POOR SERVICE”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Newton, Massachusetts
“POOR SERVICE”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have been to the Everready Diner in Hyde Park many times during the years and was very happy to learn that another location opened in Rhinebeck! Upon being seated at 2 pm, we waited and waited...... and waited for the WAITRESS who finally showed up (I am now in a bad mood). She is also as she has a MISERABLE FACE.

She takes our drink order and returns 20 minutes later with them. We needed sugar for the tea but our watiress was no where to be found again. She finally comes back and we quickly place our order in anticipation of yet another long wait. How long did the order take to arrive? 40 minutes (we had simple lunch). During our lunch, I needed extra salsa but the waitress was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. I then get up trying to locate another waitress to ask for the salsa and I can't find anyone at all.

So I sit there in total frustration without my salsa, eat my lunch, and not once did the waitress cone over to ask how we were doing and if we needed anything. Not one time. As a matter of fact, we had to WAIT 20 MINUTES FOR OUR BILL -- then to top it off, we waited in a LINE at the payout register as there was NO ONE TO BE FOUND ---- Ever Ready #2 is off MY LIST.
POOR MANAGEMENT

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank jeanne819

Germantown, New York
“Don't go for breakfast”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is different for me as I am writing a review of a local establishment, unlike my usual reviews of the places I have experienced in my travels. First, let me just say that there is an important distinction here between the Rhinebeck location and the Hyde Park location. The Later, being the original and much better. The Rhinebeck location leaves much to be desired in my opinion and I share the opinion of family members as well. Lunch and Dinners are not bad but I would avoid this place for breakfast. This was my experience on TWO different occasions, months apart. I always give restaurants a second chance before making a judgement, everyone deserves that, but NO spoons on the table, not once, but on TWO separate occasions, really? Are you kidding me? No milk for Oatmeal? Evertime I called to the waitress, I swear she ignored me. Finally, I just got up and found someone else who could provide us with spoons and milk/creamers for our table. The hostess was sour faced and not all welcoming. I know it's early, but who wants to start out their day without a smile? Perhaps she hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before.... On my first negative experience, the Omelette I had was very over cooked and brown. I don't like my eggs overcooked and the waiter was arguing with me that it was just fine that way. The homefries were so badly charred, it was difficult to find anything that resembled a potato. It seemed he was more interested in flirting with my friend than addressing my complaint seriously. To know me, you would have to know that I am not overbearing at all, and infact, quite easy going. I am not a chronic complainer or even LIKE to complain for that matter, but I was just annoyed that he was giving me a hard time about taking it back to the kitchen. In retrospect, I think he was mostly joking about it but I felt it was just inapproriate. Overall, It could be much worse and I know this, but there is another location in town that serves breakfast that is so much better. I think the best time to go would probably be at night, but unlike the Hyde Park location, which is open 24 hours, Rhbk closes early during the week. I had a better experience with the bar area on a Friday night. You might ask why I keep going back, but like I said, it's breakfast that I have been unhappy with and usually I am going there with a group and they have made their choice of location and I respect their decision.

• Visited June 2012
Acton, Massachusetts
“Home away from home”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is where I like to eat when I want a "home cooked" meal at a reasonable price. There are lots of comfortable booths, as well as a counter; full bar, soda fountain, lots of baked goods, and lots of comfort food. It's not too noisey to have a good conversation. And prices are reasonable. At lunch a big plate with peppercorn roast beef, sauteed spinach, and potatoes is $8.95. Good place to go.

Visited June 2012
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Cool place to try”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Love the old style diner. My fav is portabella panini and you have to try the sweet potato fries- they are awesome! I always order a chocolate egg cream but I can make it better at home. Last time it wasnt even stirred. The waitress was very friendly and manager helpful.

Visited November 2011
Cheshire, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must stop or you're missing OUT”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just had lunch with my wife an we had one of the best lunches ever! Wait staff Michael was very attentive but not over done. We each had a salad ( Greek & Hudson) both were very good. Oh an save room for desert........OMG very tough decision but we had they pecan pie...awesom

• Visited March 2012