“Very Disappointing Breakfast & Service”
Review of Eveready Diner - CLOSED

Eveready Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Requested over medium eggs that were "leathery" and borderline well-done.. Requested "burnt" bacon that did not even approach crisp with my meal. My fiance's Canadian bacon on his eggs Benedict was tough. Toast barely toasted. The waitress never returned to offer to refill coffee (that's right ... not even once).

1  Thank littlesacredstreams

Reviewed October 7, 2011

There has been a giant void in the Northern Dutchess area for a place where we can consistently go to that caters to our family and children that serves good food at reasonable prices, the menu is so diverse that my husband can have a great steak or seafood entre' and a choice of 8 different draft beeers while I can get my herb crusted salmon salad and chocolate egg cream. The childrens menu offers more than just burgers, hot dogs or chicken fingers they love to get the homemade mac & cheese, turkey dinner or jitterbug which are all served with fresh steamed veggies, homemade mashed potatoes and fresh baked bread. (ciabatta or 7 grain craisin). Oh, and the shakes, floats and baked on premises desserts are a must! This diner is in a class of its own it serves culinary quality food at diner prices! Thank you Eveready for coming to Rhinebeck, well worth it and long overdue.

1  Thank Meadowny55
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This location doesn't have the same vintage diner feel like the Hyde Park location. But the food is just as delicious!

1  Thank jdny33
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We were familiar with the Everyready Diner in Hyde Park for years and liked it so I was surprised to read negative reviews of the new location in Rhinebeck. We decided to try it anyway for breakfast and were very pleased. The hostess and waitress were very pleasant and efficient, the food came out timely, and the coffee and waffle were both hot. The coffee refills kept coming. Maybe the place has worked out its growing pains and is improved. Anyway, it suited us just fine. I'm giving it four stars until we try it a couple of more times to be sure.

1  Thank Jane O
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I've been to the original Eveready in Hyde Park several times. The new location in Rhinebeck is closer to home and right across from the county fairgrounds. I do miss the decor of the Hyde Park location, but this one has a lot of charm, it just lacks that 50s feel. The menu is the same, and we found the food to be the same. I generally get a hamburger and my friend usually has a club sandwich. Both are consistently good. I might prefer if they had a charcoal grill, but the burgers are still quite tasty. My real complaint with Eveready is that they serve coated fries. Who needs flour on a potato? Thus, I usually substitute potato salad, and theirs is quite good. I'd rather be having fries (see Tick Tock Diner in Clifton NJ, which serves hard-to-find steak fries). Eveready is not worth going many miles out of the way for, but if you're in the area and want diner food, it's the best around.

1  Thank Mapville