“A Gem Of A Hideaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Plantation, Florida
“A Gem Of A Hideaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have no idea how I found this place on-line, but I am sure glad I did! We were here for our son's graduation from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park. It may be a bit off the beaten path but sooooo worth it. The rooms are beautiful, spotless and cozy. But what makes this place a gem is Edna, the Innkeeper. She goes above and beyond the art of hospitality. She makes this place a home and you feel like family when you leave. Oh, and her breakfasts are scrumptious.
You will be a short distance from everything in Rhinebeck and a scenic drive to areas in Hyde Park. As much as I would love to get the word out about Hideaway Suites, I kind of want to keep it myself. We definitely will be back as a family and possibly for a girls weekend. Edna, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Room Tip: All rooms are extremely spacious and lovely. They are better in person. We stayed in the Dutchess...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Wallkill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

A very warm, inviting and cozy stay. My husband and I were able to relax, read, fall asleep next to the fire place and just catch up. The staff were so kind and caring, they gave us a wonderful breakfast as well. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to any couple, especially those needing some serious R&R. Thank you so much!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I would like to say that this is one of the nicest B&B's my husband and I have stayed at. We have stayed here in two different rooms. Both were very comfortable and super clean. The Inn keeper, Edna, could not have been nicer. The breakfast in the morning was delicious. I would definitely give this B&B a two thumbs up, and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Any room in perfect!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Norway, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

A few members of my family and I were having a Christmas retreat together and booked Hideaway Suites to be close to Rhinebeck. What a nice surprise. The rooms/suites were much larger than the pictures on the website and the wooded setting was so very peaceful. Edna the Innkeeper was very accommodating. We had a chance to visit with Maria, the owner, whose gracious personality truly reflected the ambiance of the Inn. The breakfast room with the floor to ceiling windows was just icing on the cake!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mick579
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our one-night stay at Hideaway Suites. We stayed in the Chateau which was big and comfortable. I loved the fireplace and the deck was a nice place to sit and have coffee while enjoying the fresh air in the morning. The sheets are very comfortable and I struggled to get out of bed the next morning. The property is lovely and truly hidden away.

The bathroom is great and the Jacuzzi was also a perk but the jets were a a little scuzzy. We had to fill and run the tub twice and clean out the jets before we could feel comfortable using it. Otherwise, everything was wonderful and Edna was very sweet and accommodating.

Breakfast was great -- the roasted pears and yogurt were delicious and my husband really loved the casseroles. Kcup machines for coffee all day and great fresh-brewed coffee in the morning. We enjoyed the stay and the other people we met who were staying at the B&B for the evening.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angelica K
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We almost canceled our trip.
Edna suggested that we will come a day later, and I am glad we listen to her.
We loved every moment we spent there. Immediately We felt at home.
The rooms was spacious, Edna accommodated our diet needs with a smile.
W are already planing our next visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank batshely
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I needed a place to stay for only one night while attending an event at the Omega Institute which is just down the road. Edna was able to book us into the Mandarin Room for a single night, which is often not possible. We were thrilled. Edna is a doll and even gave me a lesson on how to operate the oh-so-nifty shades covering the "Treehouse" common room sky lights. Our room was impeccably clean and so comfortable. It was an absolute joy to sit out on the small private deck with a glass of wine listening to the tree frogs and other night life. Our only complaint is that we couldn't stay long enough, which I guarantee will be remedied at a later date. I just don't see how anyone could be disappointed with their decision to stay at Hideaway. Call Edna. Book your stay. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad choice. The mandarin has a small but cozy and private deck which we loved...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aspen8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
Hampton Inn Kingston
The Red Hook Country  Inn
1850 House Inn & Tavern
1850 House Inn & Tavern
#1 of 2 in Rosendale

Been to Hideaway Suites Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!