“Delightful and delicious meal”
Review of Arielle Restaurant - CLOSED

Arielle Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Mamaroneck, New York
“Delightful and delicious meal”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food was excellent, the ambiance was extremely pleasant, and our server was terrific. He was caring without being subservient, and was witty and cheerful in addition.

Visited October 2013

NYC
“Lovely French Bistro”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice ambience, attentive service, great food. The Crispy Artichokes were recommended as well as the Duck Confit. Went with friends and we also ordered The Tuna and Swordfish. The artichokes and duck were outstanding. Tuna very good, and well prepared, not out of the ordinary, and the swordfish was quite nice with a provencal sauce.

• Visited October 2013
Albany
“Why should staff try when they aren't getting paid?”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

jBased on reviews and a previous experience we visited here last weekend and I have to say that it was a huge disappointment. The food for the price was mediocre and the service - while ok, was less than ambitious. I was curious to find out why - so I asked. We had a very pleasant (and very honest) server but was quick to find out that the staff don't get paid on time and more times than not they don't get their full pay. What does this say about the place and the owners????? Well, financial problems would be the best guess. Why would you deny your hard working employees who depend on tips and a less than substantial paycheck their hard earned pay? This all left a bad taste in my mouth - no pun intended. Rhinebeck is a small town and word travels fast which we found out later after visiting another establishment and inquired about Arielle. We won't be returning to a place who has owners that treat their staff with little respect.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank cab1002
Port Ewen, New York
“Mixed Blessing”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

When a restaurant gets some things right, it is my conviction that the people are capable and therefore should work harder to make everything right. That is not happening at Arielle. The atmosphere and décor is lovely comfortable country chic. The staff seem to be trying, but they really need to get smarter and more ambitious. My disappointment started when I send Arielle an email requesting a dinner reservation and got no reply. I called and got no answer; why couldn't their phone accept messages and announce their hours of operation, so I would know if they were closed or just not answering? The menu has a large selection of possibilities that can appeal to a wide variety of dinners, but the kitchen fails to go the extra mile that would put its dishes at the top of Rhinebeck's eateries. My pear and arugula salad was simply that; it was fresh and basic, but lacked any elements that would have made it exciting and fun such as pecans, dried cranberries or locally made goat cheese. The grilled octopus appetizer as well done with some cherry tomatoes and polenta cubes, but the portion was small in relation to the price. Our main courses included duck breast, a pork chop special, a bucket of mussels and lamb shank osso bucco. Everyone agreed their dishes were satisfactory, but no one was over-whelmed. That is what I mean when I say Arielle does a satisfactory job, but they should do better than that. Our final experience of the evening included placing an order for coffee which did not come at all. We were on our way somewhere, so we didn't even mention the lapse and simply paid the bill. This is Rhinebeck - - - do better!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dalyndog8909
“Tres Bon!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very nice French bistro, just a short drive from Hyde Park. Th service and food was excellent. The only downside was that there were quite a few knats and flies. I believe It was because they had the doors open earlier in th day. Also, the pasta is a bit pricey for the portion size.

• Visited September 2013