“One thumbs up and one down”
Review of Arielle Restaurant - CLOSED

Arielle Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife thoroughly enjoyed her shrimp kebab type of dish. Excellent dipping sauce too. I had the salmon which was small and dry because it was a bit overcooked. Generally speaking all the portions were small including the crime brûlée. Service was pleasant but nothing worthy of note

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We felt like we were in the French countryside. Beautiful lighting, wood beams on the ceiling, and seating along the sides of room has a plush cushion and pillow at your back. The food was carefully prepared and we enjoyed everything, including the homemade chocolate pot de creme.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've eaten at Arielle several times, both brunch and dinner, and I confess to being puzzled by its inconsistency. I love the ambiance--in the summer it's especially romantic to eat in the side room, which can be opened to the street so you feel as if you're in a Paris cafe--and our first dinner there was memorable, so I kept going back hoping to repeat the experience, but on each occasion the food was somewhat disappointing, and overpriced for what it was. If only the food was equal to the atmosphere, this would be a great place.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I went to Arielle's for our anniversary, and had an absolutely wonderful time. The atmosphere and ambiance were right on (we had a table in the front window, which let us people watch). The service was excellent. Our server was attentive (not too much) and very knowledgeable about menu, specials and wines. Upon seating, we were offered a choice of bottled or tap water, we chose tap which was fine. For appetizer we had the grilled artichoke hearts, these were presented very nicely, but unfortunately were canned and not fresh. The wine we picked was a Cabernet Sauvignon by La Capra from South Africa. It was not too heavy, and paried well with the pork and fish we ordered. For entree's, we had the grilled pork chop, too much fat and bone, not enough pork, which came with french fries (pommes frites, if you like). While these are in the tradition of a French Brasserie, they cheapened the effect of this dish. We also had the broiled Branzino with a white bean side. The Branzino was delicately herbed and cooked perfectly. The beans, while flavorful, seemed a bit at odds with the fish. For dessert, we had the lemon torte, which provided a good finish to the meal. All in all, we thought the restaurant had OK food, but it did not live up to the expectations generated by our initial impressions from the appearance and service. We will be back, though, and if the food is better, then we'll update this review.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

with so many nice restaurants in Rhinebeck, I would recommend spending my money somewhere else. Cramped seating, full of flies, average food. Nothing special is going on here.