“Great Place”

Casey's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Rensselaer
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stuyvesant, New York
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I went shopping and were on our way home from Albany. We stopped in and wre seated quickly. Once seated the waitress was right there. Service was very good fast but not rushed. Food was very good. Had a surf/turf special. Large portions, good prices.
Decore is very nice. Our experience is that the customers are generally and older crowd.
We have been several times in the past and will definitely go again.
I recommend it.

• Visited May 2013

“Great food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Casey's is a wonderful neighborhood restaurant. The atmosphere is comfortable, if a little crowded in the dining room. We were a party if six and one of the tables pushed together was a bit smaller which was awkward for the two people seated at the table and at one point resulted in a bumped elbow. Moat of the froup started with cocktails or a beer. Casey's has a nice selection of wine by the glass and beers on tap. No one in our group ordered appetizers. The salads that came with dinner were a nice mixture of greens, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes and croutons. My panes an peppercorn dressing was excellent and served in the side. I ordered the lobster ravioli in shrimp scampi sauce. It was delicious! Others at the table ordered either the single or double fiilets which they raved about. We capped our meals with dessert and coffee. I ordered carrot cake which was a touch dry. I think the sliced cake had not been sealed properly to protect it. The service was outstanding throughout the meal. All in all we enjoyed Casey's.

1 Thank Dutchess2245
Averill Park, New York
“A local gem,...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went to Casey's after a High School basketball game on a weeknight. The restaurant was full, so we chose to eat in the bar, which turned out just fine! Our friendly, old school, bartender Sean, guided us through the specials, and was attentive to our beverage requests!
I ordered fried haddock which came out crispy on the outside, and moist, and flavorful on the inside with a great order of french fries, and ramakin of fresh cole slaw. My wife ordered the Quesedilla, which was excellent with fresh homemade salsa. Our friend ordered the Tuscan Chicken Sandwich which was also delicious.
We live a couple of towns away, and had long heard good things about this place. We're lucky to have a couple of excellent choices right in town, but intend to make the trip to Casey's again soon!

• Visited February 2013
Creston, North Carolina
“Family gathering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was reluctant to go but found the food and service at this eatery very pleasing.
We had a group of 11 and were well taken care of. Large portions and very good.

• Visited November 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

On vacation nearby and friends wanted to go here for dinner. Used to be a local and had not been here for years. It was nice to see a few people that I remembered. Ordered the eggplant rolletini , my husband ordered the fried seafood sampler. Both were great choices. Our friends had broiled scallops, a turkey club and even a turkey dinner. All of us were pleased with our choices. I will return on my next vacation. Think that the locals will enjoy and if you are in the area. Definitely worth checking out

• Visited August 2012

Been to Casey's Restaurant? Share your experiences!