“I remember when”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The place is tired, the food is bad ,and I have read the other reviews, its true Jims is a blast from the past, and so is the food. I dont think Jim has tried any othe the dishes his cook ? puts out the kitchen door. Wow had pork and broc. the pork tasted like I don't know what (really) the broccoli was way over done and so greasy you couldnt eat it. The egg fu yung, well it had no flavor and the sauce, well I just lack words to describe. I guess the folks who have eaten there for years have become use to the taste, as it must have taken place over time.You cant make food so bad all at once and keep people coming back,maybe thereare some good items on the list ,but I couldnt stand to try any more than I did.I have a final statement to make to Jim Yip please sit down and try some of your dishes I hope you have the abililty to see what I am talking about.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Jimmy has been there forever.

Favorite dish is rainbow birdsnest though it was way better with shoestring basket.

Their general tso sauce is way off. I don't even think its right based on other places.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I went to Yip's today for the first time. We walked in and were greeted immediately. It is a very nice place so we were both feeling pleased with our decision. When our server came to take our orders I asked if I could have vegetable fried rice or if they could omit the pork with my combination platter and was told no. I was disappointed but was going to continue to order when he said it again and then, another woman chimed in and said the kitchen was too busy for substitutions. That we would could only have pork or white rice. When I explained that my husband and I don't eat pork and were looking forward to having fried rice, they were still unwilling to make a concession. By that time I was very frustrated and disappointed so we decided to order appetizers instead. The waiter was short with us and rushing through the whole process. I ordered calamari and when I received it I did not recognize it and the smell was not pleasing. I tasted it and did not enjoy it. When I told the waiter I did not like it he took it away and returned with it in a to go box. It was not removed from the bill. At that point we were so frustrated and annoyed we opted to just pay for it and leave, which is exactly what we did. I see from others here that many have had great experiences there so I am not certain what happened today, but what I do know is that I will not be returning! In our experience they were not interested in having us as customers so we will oblige.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've been eating at Yips since I can remember - my Mom used to take me there as a kid and it was a wonderful experience - still it today. The food is consistently good as is the service. My favorite is the Crispy Garlic Shrimp - They serve old school tea and noodles before your meal. Dont forget the Mei Tai!

Would highly recommend. Always a great meal!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Yips is a sit-down Traditional Chinese restaurant, and they do offer take out. They might be a little pricier than your average fast food, hole in the wall chinese place, but worth every extra penny. My family has been coming here, since before my parents were together, and we still eat here regularly. My husband and I order from Yip's all the time. No matter whether you're eating in, or taking out, the food quality is always the same, and I have yet to find a Chinese restaurant that can even hold a candle to the quality and service that Yip's presents. The egg rolls are phenomenal, and they make their own duck sauce, which is amazing. I have never, in my life, eaten a meal here that was prepared perfectly. I have never found anything in my food, had anything under or over cooked, or had something left out. With the amount that my family eats here, I can easily say, that I've eaten here hundreds of times, without complaint. They owners are friendly, they know their regulars, and frequently ask how my family is, how my job is. I can't say enough good things about Yip's... if you live in the area, and have never eaten here, it's a must!