“Very dirty elevator!”

Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rensselaer
London, Ontario
“Very dirty elevator!”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We stayed here one night on our way home from Maine to Canada. It looked lovely on the outside, nice manicured grounds. Check in was pleasant and we got a nice room with a view. We were very suprised though when entering the elevator how dirty the floor was. This was not just a days traffic but dirt build up in the edges of the carpet that really needed to be dealt with with a crevice tool or something. It kind of put you off as to the cleanliness of the place in general if they would leave this public space in this condition. Who doesn't look at the floor on an elevator! We were given a handicap room which had a large bathroom but the shower floor was grey where it shouldn't be and needed a good scrub with some bleach cleaner. There was also some dried food on one of the chairs that I was able to remove with a damp facecloth.
Other than that it was nice and there is a great pub next door with excellent food and they give you 10% off.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Montreal
Reviewed August 13, 2009

The beds were not comfortable and a result we did not sleep at all. In addition to that we were awakened by a fire alarm at 7am; this was done on purpose by hotel employees in order to get attention for their strike!!. this was a horrible stay.
The front desk also charged my credit card even tough I paid cash for the room; total disorganization.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank specialK29
southern california
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I was stopping there between cities with my teenage son. The room and service were fine-not great but fine; about what I expected from a H.I.E. The hotel is very close to the main hwy that comes off of the interstate. If you get a room away from the road you get a quiet (I assume) room and a great nighttime view of the city. If you get there late and the only rooms are on the road side, then it is noisy. I'm more sensitive about that than some people. The cars were very load but the traffic did slow down considerably sometime between 10:00 and 11:00 PM.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed July 7, 2009

A friend & I stayed here while in town for a funeral. We got a good last-minute "bereavement" price, which was appreciated. The hotel was easy to find, just off the highway, with lots of parking. The staff was generally friendly, if a bit odd. (I really do NOT need the front desk clerk telling me how nice I look in the picture on my credit card.) Our room was very clean, with good temperature control and extremely comfortable beds. We enjoyed excellent coffee and a decent variety of breakfast foods beyond the standard continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Overall, this hotel was ok, but no better.

The room itself was decent, except that there were a few minor maintenance issues. The one that stood out was the very broken iron in the room. It leaked water everywhere, including all over my clothes. I'm not sure how the housekeeper could have missed its broken condition.

One side of the hotel has dramatic views of downtown Albany. Unfortunately, as the last reservation to arrive for the night, I had to take a room on the other side. Minor road noise from US-4 but otherwise uninteresting view.

The clerk at check-in was friendly but the clerk the next morning clearly did not want to be at work. Said very little and had kind of a sullen attitude.

The breakfast was very well stocked and probably the best part of the hotel. Very friendly breakfast attendant, as well.

This hotel had the feeling of a roadside stopping point for long distance travel. Very forgettable and not distinctive, but with lots of available parking. I probably will not return but would be ok with it if I had to.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I booked a room here as a stop over on a long car trip. For some reason I was given a wheel-chair accessible room, which I imagine would be a godsend for a person in a wheelchair, but the bathroom and other amenities were awkward for me. The room was not especially clean, for example, sticky ice bucket. The internet was not working (wireless nor wired). The front desk staff seemed very nice but their computers were astonishingly slow so that check-in took a full 15 minutes. The ice machines were not working on 2 of the three floors. The stairwells were quite dirty. There were a lot of noisy, drunken guests in the halls at night due, I think, to a wedding party.

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank WhatKindOfDog
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2008

I stayed at the property as part of a road trip between LA and NYC.
Just off I-90, close to downtown Albany, indeed it has a great view over the city.
It was very busy when we stayed. We got the last two rooms,.
Mine was a 'suite'. The room was very clean and large.
Very pleasant checkin staff.
Large lounge area with TV for socialising with friends.
Great breakfast.
Next to 'Sports Grill', which served great food. Sports on TVs.
Definately recommend, and would stay there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rensselaer
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany East Greenbush
Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Gr...
#1 of 2 in Castleton On Hudson
Renaissance Albany Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)? Share your experiences!