The location of this hotel is excellent just off the highway, with a great view across to the capital itself, good road links make it an ideal place to stay, however there are problems with this hotel. On arrival we were checked in by Cory who made recognition of my PC card status and we were given a bottle of water and a snack, the stay went downhill from there, we got to the room and found that a pair of someone else's socks were still in the waste bin. I took the bin bag down to the desk and found Cory on the phone, a person called Thadeus came out of the back room and stood there looking at me, after I got no response from him I actually stepped forward handed him the bag, told him what was in it and said I was not happy about it, I had a smile in return but no sorry or anything else, very strange.There was no fridge, a first for us, we have visited 30 states in the US and always stay in HI/HIE and this was the first time we found no fridge, being on a road trip around the region a fridge is useful, one could be hired for $20 a day, if they had one, they did not. In most hotels you find a ice machine on either every floor or every other one, this hotel had the alcove with the plumbing in it for one, but there was only one ice machine in the hotel, down in the 'gift shop' this being next to the microwave standing on a low table. We had booked the room 12 weeks before and asked for a no smoking room, on the second evening I could smell smoke, it appeared to be coming from the bathroom vent, the next morning I looked around and found that we had been put onto the middle(smoking) floor, so another downer on the hotel.
The final thing that went against this hotel was the breakfast room, as mentioned before we have travelled a lot in the US and this was by far the worst experience we have ever had, the women running the room had a sour look on her face for our entire stay, we did not see her smile at all, we said 'good morning' to her on the first 2 mornings and got ignored both times. The food on offer was not being topped up at all with a single muffin being all that was in the display unit on 2 separate mornings, the coffee units were very slow to be refilled and I saw people asking for them to be replaced on all 3 mornings we were there. This hotel needs a manager who can come in and put a rocket under the staff who on the whole appear to not care about the people who pay their wages, more attention to detail is needed to make this hotel what it should be, a great place to stay.
I can only thank the gentleman on duty when we left who asked my wife if she enjoyed her stay, a brave man indeed, he then had to listen to my wife detail the faults she had found, to his great credit he listened and did something about it, well done that man.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-Albany Skyline is conveniently located 3 miles from downtown Albany. The hotel features an indoor pool, fitness center, business center, meeting space to accommodate up to 120 people and a free breakfast bar included in all rates. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning. Visit Rensselaer, NY and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline) Hotel Rensselaer
- Holiday Inn Rensselaer
- Holiday Inn Express Rensselaer
- Rensselaer Holiday Inn