Stayed here on business a couple of weeks ago. Have stayed here many times each March. 1st review.
Checkin: I'm a Priority Platinum Member - check in took 2 minutes - didn't get the room requested (king bed - all rooms are non-smoke). I didn't get an upgrade either. They stuck me in a handicap room with a shower with no pressure. I trudged back down to front desk clerk and asked if there were any better rooms - he put me in a standard 2 double room. Incidentally, there was no "welcome treat (bottle water, snack) in either room.
Room: Since last time I was here they've replaced the tired old tube with flat screen HDTVs - don't know if this is throughout or just some of the rooms. Other than that, room was the same - clean, bed firm, bath clean, small but functional.
Gym: same old but functional equipment as last time.
There's no restaurant/bar on premises, but there's a sports bar sharing the side parking lot. Breakfast was your standard Express - hot scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, etc. The sports bar next door is open late and has typical bar food - I had a grilled chicken salad one night - it was okay. On the road the hotel faces there is a shopping center with fast food plus some chains. .
The second night, we were invaded by what appeared to be a high school team. They played ball and made a huge amount of noise in the hallway, playing ball, slamming themselves against doors including mine, and did things that one might expect unchaperoned high schoolers to do - nothing criminal - just rude and unruly for someone paying for a nice quiet hotel room who had a report (not this one) to write for work for tomorrow morning. I called front desk twice - they said they were going to look into it - but at that hour (9pm) the clerk was the only staff there and he couldn't leave his post. I put up with it for another hour, then decided since it wasn't getting any better to go down to the sports bar . Guess who was there? A bunch of the team's parents. Apparently I wasn't the only one complaining because when I returned there were two parents who moved armchairs into the corridor acting as hall monitors.
Check out was another fiasco as the team and parents were all congregating in the lobby - I mentioned the circus the previous night - the clerk apologised - "other than that, did I enjoy my stay?" What kind of a screwed up question was that? I just told her "NO, I did NOT enjoy my stay" and I found her scripted question totally demeaning and from now on I am going to find out if there is going to be a team staying there IF I stay there again. For the record: she didn't offer anything off my bill.
Conclusion: A hotel that doesn't control its guests behavior, doesn't value platinum priority members, and is lucky to get busloads of guests when it can
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-Albany Skyline is conveniently located 3 miles from downtown Albany. The hotel features an indoor pool, fitness center, business center, meeting space to accommodate up to 120 people and a free breakfast bar included in all rates. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning. Visit Rensselaer, NY and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline) Hotel Rensselaer
- Holiday Inn Rensselaer
- Holiday Inn Express Rensselaer
- Rensselaer Holiday Inn