“a nice semi-local spot that I'd go back to”
Review of Barosa

Barosa
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Rego Park
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Barosa's has so many specials from which to chose - 4 or 5 always peak my interest. The one thing I will have EVERY TIME is their Calamari Barosa (I think) - totally different than all the others - - and totally better! They are sauced with red peppers and are absolutely DIVINE!

I'm sure the place wasn't expecting to be such a late night hit so the bar space is too small but I won't hold that against them. I'll be back.

There are newer reviews for Barosa

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Everytime I visit family in NYC I go to Barosa, on Woodhaven Blvd. (near Eliot). The restaurant staff is always welcoming...the appetizers and entrees are very good...I love the Bolognese...stuffed clams...tri colore salad...
Now on Thursday's they have a duo and keyboardist...singing the standards...Frank Sinatra, Peggy Lee...and, to keep with the season, Christmas Carols.
If you live in NY try Barosa's one night...If visiting, go to Queens for dinner!
Love it!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The staff is extremely friendly and the food is amazing. If you in the neighborhood you definitely have to try the food.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I dined at this restaurant for the 1st time for my siblings bdays. The atmosphere was nice. The menu all looked good and the food looked fresh. We ordered a bunch of family appetizer dishes for the table. It was all good, from the baked clams, seafood salad, calamari and the caesar salad. All were fresh and tasty. The bread they brought in at first was good too. The garlic bread was my favorite.

The entrees took a while to come since the place was very busy on a Friday night. But I was full from the appetizers I didn't care. I wanted to digest before I started eating some more.

I ordered the Chicken Francese and wow it was great. The chicken was nicely seasoned along with the sauce. I ate it all , it was so good. My wife had the strip steak well done and that was amaizing too. People in my party ordered the Surf and Turf wow what an entree. 2 filet mignons I believe along with a lobster tail. It looked good.

I liked everything about this place. from A-Z. I would come and dine here again.

Thanks

1  Thank 517JohnA
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had a 8:00 reservation and arrived on time. We entered the restaurant and were promptly seated. After a few minutes our waiter Charlie came by. The took the drink orders and dropped off the menu's.

A few minutes later Charlie came back with our drinks. It was at that point I asked Charlie if their were any daily specials. It wasn't until I asked about them that he told us what they were.

After about 15 or so our appetizers arrived. Everybody seemed to enjoy what they ordered.

About 30 minutes had gone by since the plates from our appetizers were taken away by the busboy. Since everybody was getting a little antsy waiting for their entree's, I asked Charlie what the hold-up was. He didn't give us a real answer other than he will go back into the kitchen to check on them. About 10 minutes later Charlie arrives with our entree's.

At this point I can see on my Mom's face that something is wrong. Her broiled Salmon filet was still raw on the inside. So we called Charlie over and he took it back to the kitchen for some additional cooking. In the meantime I realized that my entree's and 2 others were barely warm. Obviously they were just sitting in the Kitchen waiting to be served.

When Charlie came back with my Mom's Salmon I mentioned to Charlie that a few of our entree's were not hot. Charlie's first reaction was to argue with us and tell us that in fact our entree's were hot. Come on Charlie. Two of us are in our 50's, two of us are in our 70's, and one of my guests just turned 81. We all have enough life experience to know whether or not our food was hot or not. I actually found it insulting that Charlie felt it was necessary to try and tell us that our food was hot, when it was actually barely warm. Eventually he said that he would take the entree's back into the kitchen to have the re-heated. We all declined since everyone was getting grumpy because we had to wait 30/40 minutes for our entree's from when the plates from the appetizers were removed.

After Charlie wrapped up the leftover's I just asked for a check. I wanted some coffee, but the rest of my group just wanted to get out of there.

With tax and a tip the bill averaged out to about $47 dollars a person and that was without coffee or dessert.

The food was tasty, but it would have been much more enjoyable if the food came out of the kitchen hot like it was suppose to. I guess the biggest issue was our waiter Charlie who really felt the need to tell us our food was hot when it was not. Another disappointing issue was that I posted this on Barosa's Facebook page and they deleted it. Never rec'd an apology or anything like that, they just deleted the review. I thought my review was fair without any drama added.

1  Thank Adam L