“Terrible”

Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in Red Hook
Cuisines: Indian
“Terrible”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

It smelled like the exterminator had just left which was unpleasant. I really couldn't eat the food and the atmosphere was dark and unpleasant.

• Visited November 2012

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Imagine my surprise”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Imagine my surprise when halfway between Poughkeepsie and Hudson New York my son-in-law said "Let's stop here for Indian food." With all due respect to Red Hook, the best I expected to find was a hamburger joint, not an Indian restaurant.

Mid afternoon on Memorial Day, the parking lot was empty but when I walked in the front door the response to my question "Open?" was an enthusiastic "Yes."I was joined by my daughter and son-in-law and what I judged to be more problematical guests, my two grandsons -- six and seven years old. The waiter had no problem with the antics of the children and the more specific requests of the adults.

Assorted vegetable pakura, served with three sauces, was delicious. Two of us had vegetarian platters, and they were more than ample. Despite that I finished mine, while my daughter was a little bit more judicious. The boys had Tandori chicken with a sampling from the vegetarian platters and the lamb curry that my son-in-law ordered.

The service was attentive. While the decor was simple, friendliness and the hospitality made up for it.

When we left it was not a surprise to see the awards the restaurant has received on the wall.

• Visited May 2013
Saugerties, NY
“Three strikes your out”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoy Indian cuisine and decided to try the Red Curry House. When we arrived we were the only patrons in the restaurant, but it took 10 minutes before anyone came to our table to take our order. When someone finally took our order he was not very pleasant, and teetered on rude. It took our food almost a half an hour to arrive. The food was average, but my husband and I both got slightly sick later in the evening which we thought it was related to our choice of food. The next two times we ordered take out to avoid the protracted wait, only to experience the same ill feelings from the food, even though we ordered different dishes both times. We have chosen not to return to this restaurant, as there are so many other fine restaurants in the Hudson Valley.

1 Thank Butterfly793
NY
“Good enough!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I ordered the Lobster Malabar,,it was very good but not a lot of lobster..Tasted good enough,,good restaurant located in the village of Red Hook. Some of the seats need to be replaced...I will go back..

• Visited November 2012
NorthEast
“Good Food, Service and Reasonable”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Sunday buffet included six main dishes, soup and salads. Our party enjoyed each of these. We brought our own beer and wine. The service included regularly clearing the table of used dishes and refreshing the buffet.

• Visited July 2012