“Fantastic”

The Red Hook Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Red Hook B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great getaway farm fresh eggs great host with a that personal touch and the my wife and I had private dinner with all the bells and whistles the rooms was very comfortable.
we are making plans to return back before Christmas

Room Tip: all the rooms are great
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Milton H

Reviewed September 8, 2013

A warm and charming weekend in the Hudson Valley awaits you at The Red Hook Country Inn. Gracious innkeepers cater to your every need. Large, clean, comfortable rooms welcome you with fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. An outdoor hot tub and cozy screen house invite the guests to enjoy the natural surroundings.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CCLux
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you need to be close to Bard College this place is adequate (and also wonderfully close to the terrific Mercato restaurant!), but I much prefer my stays in Hudson (at the Merchant House) and Rhinebeck (Delamater Inn). At those, both the inn and restaurant options are better.
At Red Hook Inn, the proprietors are gracious but the inn itself has some problems. Despite seemingly sincere efforts, the food is adequate at best (I skipped my breakfast altogether on the third morning), the first floor entry and sitting room have a funky smell (animals?) which I was happy to leave, and the noise level is the worst I've ever experienced at a B&B. The window air conditioners are only installed with foam at sides, so noise from street comes right in, and it's loud! At $250+ per night, this was a disappointment. If it was half that price I'd have overlooked the shortcomings and just appreciated the location. Won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor; you'll hear every footstep, and every time the front door opens/closes...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank karen m
RedHookInn, Owner at The Red Hook Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to express your feelings. We accept negative comments with the understanding that it can only help us improve!
Pat

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very nice folks, welcoming and eager to please. Comfortable place, well located and clean. Much more enjoyable than the chain hotels , but you pay for the privilege.The decor is unusual, but charming as an ensemble. Works for me. The traffic during the Fair is awful, but can be avoided. Walking to town is wonderful and I would recommend this accommodation and the restaurant down the street.

Room Tip: Enjoy the porch
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Buck B
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Red Hook Inn literally "took me in" very late one evening, without a reservation and it was truly my "home away from home" during my visit to nearby Bard College. On previous visits, I stayed at the well-known chains that are further away. They were fine, but lacking in any warmth or personal connection. On the other hand, the proprietors of the Red Hook Inn -- Pat and Nabil -- provided a warm welcome, a personal touch, superb food, and gracious surroundings. On this trip, the Inn provided everything I needed and more -- unexpected but most welcome personal hospitality. Pat and Nabil obviously love what they do and they do it very well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank stripes18
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our family stay at the Red Hook in was a treat for everyone in our family. We all loved the incredible breakfasts and the relaxed warmth of our hosts, Pat and Nabil. My younger son had a wonderful time exploring and roaming the back yard, and getting to hold a freshly-laid chicken egg. My teenage son loved that the location on the main street of Red Hook let him go out and explore the town on his own. And my husband and I loved it all of it. The family suite was perfect for us - small, but with two separate rooms,very comfortable and nicely decorated. We'd love to go back, and we recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SKnauth
Reviewed August 13, 2013

we had a wonderful experience. Our dinner was delicious and the hostess, Pat was very friendly and accomodating. her husband Nabil prepared our meals to perfection and the turkish coffee and halva was the perfect ending to our dinner.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn
Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Croff House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Red Hook Country Inn? Share your experiences!