“Too bad”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a charming place, with a quirky and quaint atmosphere. We went for breakfast on a cool November morning and I dined with my coat on it was so cool in the restaurant. The breakfast menu had many interesting choices. I selected the lox and onion scramble and my companion had 2 eggs sunny side up, their home made corned beef hash and rye toast. Our breakfasts came out quickly, minus my dining partner's toast. The waitress promised it would be right out. Five minutes later we inquired about the toast. The waitress apologized and added they have a slow toaster. Five minutes later my partner was served
whole wheat toast, the waitress realized the mistake and whisked it away with another promise of returning right away with toast. Another five minutes or so passed when she returned with the toast. I was told it was excellent but unfortunately his breakfast was already eaten....without toast. My meal was delicious, as was the coffee. We feel sad to say this but we will not be back.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

The food was amazing! A must go to dinner spot. I hear the breakfast is even better. Great staff! Escargot was amazing. Table of four. We had the duck, chicken, trout, and short ribs. All incredible dishes. Cannot say enough of what a hidden treasure this is. Chef came out and thanked us for coming in. Everything served was organic. Decent wine list.

1  Thank Jsmalone
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We visited rather late on a Sunday evening, and there was only one other party in the restaurant. The menu is impressive and the prices are reasonable. Our server was prompt and knowledgeable, and we were quite satisfied with both our first courses (salad of local mixed greens and beet salad), as well as the entrees (mussels and a fork burger). Truly one of the best burgers I have had at a restaurant. Moist, prepared exactly as requested, and swimming in carmelized onions, thick cut bacon and swiss. Good value, and what the place lacks in ambiance it more than made up for with prompt, friendly service. We will be back to explore the dinner menu further.

1  Thank TheNorsk
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stopped here enroute to NH and were delighted. My husband ordered a patty melt that turned out to be probably the best burger I've ever tasted, primarily because of the quality of the meat and the way it had been (NOT) handled--juicy, perfectly medium rare and topped with delicious cheese and caramelized onions. I had a croque monsieur which had ham, mushrooms and bacon (two delicious add-ons to the typical ham) between slices of delicious brioche toast; the only slight criticism is that the mornay sauce was a bit thick and bland. Their menu is delightful and now that I know how excellent their ingredients are, I would like to go back to try something with more produce in it. I'm from the south and the fact that they serve Anson Mill grits probably proves the chef knows his stuff!

1  Thank CarolinaBecky
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Specifically research top brunch spots before arriving and heard great things about this place. It was better than we expected. All ingredients are fresh, local and artisan and tasted amazing. I had the homemade biscuits and mushroom gravy with local eggs on top. Biscuit was extremely flaky and butter and delicious. Gravy was very light with beautiful oyster mushrooms - not at all the type of prototypical "biscuits and gravy" you are accustomed to (canned thick gravy on top of a dense buttermilk biscuit). We did try the homemade sausage and found it tasted way too herbal and not enough pork flavor. The bacon was great and home fries were among best we had. Highly recommended!

2  Thank SBRitz