“Warm atmosphere and great food”

Flatiron Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Red Hook
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We continue to be amazed by this Red Hook gem. We have eaten at the Flatiron many times and really enjoy the culinary expertise the chef displays paring flavors in a creative way to light up your taste buds! The cozy atmosphere provides a comfortable dining experience or a boutique wine bar depending upon your choice of seating and mood. Their craft beer selection is simply amazing changing regularly to appeal to all tastes. If you have not tried it yet I suggest you should.

1  Thank harleyboy50

Reviewed December 13, 2010

The service was among the worst I've ever experienced at any restaurant. My husband's ribeye was cold and well done, after he requested medium rare. I requested a bombay sapphire martini and received a gin margarita...something my waitress must have invented. Servers were rude and did not bring salt when asked. A really horrible experience. I would not advise anyone to spend an evening in the flatiron.

1  Thank sailboats77777
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Nice atmosphere, good food and reasonable prices. the duck breast was served over finely cut sweet potatoes. Awesome crispy skin. My husband had lamb with risotto which also was very good. Good dining, nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Redmeg93
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We have eaten here twice this month. Both dinners were quite enjoyable. The small menu is executed with precision. The food is well seasoned and the interplay of different textures was interesting in many of the dishes we have had so far. Last night we met friends and were seated for awhile before they arrived. We were offered drinks and treated very well even though we were tying up a table. We ended up being there for three hours, though it seemed like half an hour. It is the type of place you just don't want to leave. I had oysters, they were fresh and delicious. The crab and celeriac salad is so refreshing. There was a special beet salad with hazlenuts...outstanding. I couldn't stop going back for more. The cheese selection has been fantastic. The service is excellent, the atmosphere is comfortable and inviting. We are planning on going again Sunday night with our family, there are more dishes I have to try!!!

1  Thank Chefspalate
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This restaurant had what we like to call New York prices, but the quality was not at that level. My husband's lamb was very good, but my steak was ordered medium but came well done. It was not the best cut of steak, anyhow, so I didn't care to send it back. Let me mention that the appetizer, pork belly, was very good -- but when isn't it? And my husband had a specialty drink he liked very much. Service was kind and attentive, atmosphere unremarkable, and food was mixed.