“Miss this”

Tail O'The Pup
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Ray Brook
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Placid, New York
“Miss this”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Gross, you can do better in your backyard! Nothing special here, critical health violations too, according to the local newspaper

Visited August 2012

Toronto
“gross!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

food was worst then the atmosphere.
Felt like the waitress should have warned me... you could tell after she served me that i was going to hate it which i did. They shouldn't serve food like this and they know it. Dry, overcooked leftovers. Collard Greens full of sand!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Rustic step back in time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Well what an experience, it was unpretentious and did not claim to be something it was not, we had hotdogs and felt we had the real McCoy, though not sure we wanted to repeat it.

The place was fine, certainly not clinical and seems to be a cultural icon that hangs on to some of the ways we have come to reminisce upon, it is good to see such icon an still exists though I am not sure I would want to use all the time.

It takes me right back to camp, fond memories, but not to be repeated

Kingston, Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Why is this place still open?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

There was show on years back about this place. It raved about Tail O'The Pup. It looked very quaint and inviting and the food looked delicious. Sometime after that, we decided to stop by and see what all the hype was about. That was a huge mistake. The food was disgusting and the restaurant itself, was even worse. Don't use the bathroom there unless you REALLY have to. I can't understand why this place is still open. Does no one ever inspect this place or maybe the owner is the restaurant inspector!!! Read the reviews. Would you want to eat there? My review states that we visited in November of 2011 which is not true but the actual date was not an option.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Preciousbaby48
Rochester, New York
“disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went to this place as a kid so on a weekend trip to LP I wanted to stop in again. The stink from my first steps in should've stopped me there-body odor and grease-but I thought I was overreacting. We sat down to a rickety table, changed tables, looking around- the place needs a good scrubdown. After 10 minutes I couldn't take the smell anymore. I barely stomached 2 bites of my meal and had to wait outside for my husband to finish, the smell and atmosphere was so bad (he was starving and able to overlook the stink and dirt). I will never go back. The department of health would have a field day there.

1 Thank GJ818