“Loved the stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ray Brook
Sherwood Forest Motor Inn
Warsaw, New York
“Loved the stay”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and i decided to just up and take a weekend last minute trip, ended up at the sherwood forest inn. We loved it! Price was great, views excellent and cabin 9 very cute and cozy. I have read some of the other reviews and have to disagree with them. They are a very nice rustic cabin for a great price. we loved our stay so much we are already planning a date for our return and longer stay. Thank you so much Kirk & Jacquie Higgins

Room Tip: I recommend cabin 9! great price and deck is almost right over the water.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kirk h

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hoosick Falls, New York, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed in cabin 7 and had a great night, I asked to see the room before checking-in the $98 cabin and my wife and I were happy to see the rustic fireplace and private deck overlooking a very serene lake. Having grown up with a camp on Saratoga Lake we can appreciate their little piece of heaven. Room was clean, bed was firm, fire was burning bright. Very nice owners, we plan to return . The only way to experience the adk.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mangosrl
Leroy NY
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We took a quick, unplanned trip to Lake Placid so most everything was booked seeing it was the middle of summer. We opted for a cabin with a small kitchen and bathroom. Cabins are basic, probably built in the 60s, and have basic, dated ammenities. It served our purpose for one nights stay. The cabins are located on a small lake and there are canoes and rowboats to use free of charge. The beds are pretty stiff and the cabins are musty. Probably a little over priced for what you get. Ours cost 140 per night after taxes. Located in between Saranac Lake and Lake placid so very convenient to both tourist destinations. It beat playing $230 plus for anything in Lake Placid but I think there are some better options in Saranac Lake for the same price as these cabins, you just have to plan in advance.

Room Tip: The day we were there a little over half of the cabins were rented and it was a Friday in August so...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynn, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We love this place! I don't know how someone can not. The views are to die for, the rooms are everything you need and the owners are lovely. It is not the Four Seasons but it is a wonderful place that I would highly recommend for someone looking for simple quiet accommodations with a view at a great value.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank nmezhebovs
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. First of all, we were surcharged for having more than 2 people in our 2 bedroom cabin, even though when we registered we stated there would be 5 guests. The cabin looked like it was going to fall down. Upon unlocking our cabin (#6), we found that the "lock" was situated on the SCREEN DOOR of the porch.....with no lock on the inside door and the bathroom window didn't even shut all the way. Obviously we chose to keep our valuables (including a bicycle) in the car for the entire trip. Every corner of the cabin was FILTHY - luckily I had packed cleaning supplies and we were able to clean the tub and toilet before using either. The walls and furniture were completely covered in dust, the floors were dirty and the refrigerator leaked so badly there was a huge puddle on the kitchen floor. My 5 year old son was so grossed out, he kept trying to clean the stains out of the sink. The decor and appliances are from the 1950's, which would be fine if they had bothered to clean anything since then. When we went in to ask about getting more towels, we were told the maid should have given us clean towels. Maid??? Really??? Obviously it is not in her job description to actually clean anything. The bed was like sleeping on a table, complete with scratchy 1950's era blankets. The fireplace was so disgusting we were afraid we would burn the place down if we attempted to light it. When we turned on the stove, it actually DID start to smoke because there was so much grease and goo under the burner. We had a good laugh about the rules posted on the wall stating that we would be arrested if we had unregistered guests there. Jail would have been more comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank e1234546870

Travelers are raving about these Ray Brook hotels

Toronto
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We booked the honeymoon cabin for $119.00 per night and the views on the website were promising. The cabin was located right on the water...and by right on I mean if the water level ever changes this cabin will be lost like Atlantis...it had mountain views and that part was amazing!

When we walked in we were over powered by the musty smell and the thick thick shag carpeting. The decor was so out of date and old. I knew the wife was going to be mad but what can you do.

The bed was simply the worst thing I have ever slept on. It was like this hard mattress with no give to it. It was so bad we contemplated leaving early one night or sleeping in the car.

Bottom line if you are looking to get any sleep do not pick this place. You will love the view and the nice deck but the must, the decor and the terrible and I mean terrible bed are deal breakers. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jjmm626
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

First off I would like to say that the Sherwood forest motor inn is a wonderful peaceful place to stay. The cabins are cleaned everyday. The bathrooms and kitchen are cleaned everyday. Floors are vaccummed and they are all on a nice little lake. The cabins are very well maintained. I know this because I know the owners very well. They are a wonderful hard working family who would give the shirts off of their back. And I you asked anyone in the area they woul say the same thing. The prices are a good prices considering the economy today. I recommend the Sherwood forest motor inn to anyone who wants to have a peaceful welcoming place to stay on their visit to the adirondacks. The negative comment are rude and obviously thy did something wrong and got in trouble. But on a clensliness scale I rate it a 5 out 5.

• Stayed May 2011
Placid Bay Inn
Placid Bay Inn
#1 of 14 in Lake Placid
Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel

Been to Sherwood Forest Motor Inn? Share your experiences!