“Buyer Beware!”

Raquette Lake Navigation Co
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise and dine or just cruise on Raquette Lake aboard the WW Durant. Breath-taking scenery, fascinating history and delicious food combine to create an experience you can't wait to do again. Choose a luncheon cruise, intimate or traditional dinner cruise, Sunday brunch, sightseeing excursion or moonlight cruise. Cruising daily in July and August through Labor Day. Full public schedule weekends in Sept through Columbus Day weekend. Midweek in the fall individuals may piggyback with a preformed group. Nurture your mind, body and soul with a cruise aboard the WW Durant! Special events on the Durant are our specialty! If history is your thing, then be sure to sign up for one of our Pine Knot guided tours. Wine and beer tastings and pairings sell out, so reserve early! A Jimmy Buffet-themed cruise on Sat of July 4th weekend celebrates our independence Margaritaville-style. Check us out online! We are ready to welcome you aboard the WW Durant!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am a health care professional, and have very few if any weekends off. I purchased a voucher from Living Social for the Raquette Lake Navigation. I was on vacation, and found one Saturday that I could book this cruise. I booked it four weeks in advance. I came home from my vacation to a message left on my answering machine. The message stated that I had been " bumped" from my reservation. My spot was given to another couple who were with a bus tour, and decided at the last minute to go on this cruise( two days before we were to sail) The secreatary I spoke with could not have cared less, stating it was there policy to give the bus tour any seats, even though we had a reservation that was accepted and paid for four weeks previously. The manager tried to help the next day, by adding some table by where they check people in. By this time, I was no longer interested, and quite frankly did not want to do any further business with this company. So a last minute couple was given our seats, and left a very unhappy couple without seats. I am out the money, as it was all paid for, but I am the wiser.

6  Thank Patricia H
MadonnaUpstate_ny, Owner at Raquette Lake Navigation Co, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Patricia. I am writing in response to your stinging review to try to articulate another point of view. I can't remember the last time someone spoke so negatively about RLN. It doesn't happen. You booked a luncheon cruise for 2 on a Sat when we had a bus group also booked. The bus group, who always gets right of first refusal on all 56 seats, called in their final count about 3 weeks before the cruise. We asked them if they expected to sell anymore. They said no, that we could sell our remaining seats to the public. Then, the day before the cruise, they called adding 2 people. Maybe we were at fault for not telling the bus company they'd have to disappoint those last two because they had already called in their final count and told us we could sell to the public. But we also sympathize with the bus company as a business. Those last 2 seats they sold would certainly help their bottom line. So we accepted their 2 more. If rain hadn't been predicted, we could have set you up on the upper deck, but rain was predicted. So we called and left a message that you would need to reschedule. When our reservationist told me how upset you were with the cancellation, I felt an obligation to call to try to bring some understanding to the situation. In talking with your husband, I had a brainstorm that we could move out our display table (where wine and ship's log usually are) and set up a 2--top for you and your husband. Your husband seemed to think this would work. But when he spoke with you, you said you weren't interested any longer.
The whole thing just makes me sick. The bus group arrived with one less than they had called in. It didn't rain after all so you could have been set up on the upper deck. And we've made an enemy out of you. I'm sorry for the bad taste in your mouth your first, and perhaps last, encounter with RLN made. People make mistakes. I would hope you would let this go and give us another chance.
BTW, I don't think you're out the $37 you paid for the $74 experience. I'm pretty sure you can call Living Social for a refund.
Donna Pohl

in 15 reviews
"shoreline"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2013

MadonnaUpstate_ny, Owner at Raquette Lake Navigation Co, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2015

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We travel a little over 2 hours each way for this Adirondack treat. What could be better than fabulous gourmet food, wonderful hosts and cruising on the lake? We have eaten brunch, lunch and dinner as well as a variety of special cruises. We have never been disappointed! The staff goes out of their way to make every moment a cruise to remember. If you do nothing else when you visit the Adirondacks this is not to be missed.

2  Thank Larry R

So sorry for the delay in responding to your kind words Larry. I was reviewing our Trip Advisor reviews and was horrified to see reviews I hadn't acknowledged! Please accept my apologies. Also my thanks for your kind words and loyalty. We love being appreciated! Looking forward to another visit from you and Linda!

Donna

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The two-hour lunch cruise offered an informative narration on Adirondack history with a backdrop of beautiful scenery. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the gourmet lunch, served by an attentive and professional staff. Reasonably priced. Definitely add this trip to your vacation planner.

So sorry for the delay in responding to your kind words. I was reviewing our Trip Advisor reviews and was horrified to see reviews I hadn't acknowledged! Please accept my apologies. Also my thanks for your kind words. We love being appreciated! Looking forward to another visit from you!

Donna