“Never Again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Raquette Lake
Great Camp Sagamore
Rochester, NY
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2003

I stayed here for a weekend. I made reservations by phone and since I was alone was quoted (and later paid) a single supplement. However, after I had gone to bed the first evening there was a knockon the door.
I asked through the door who it was and the answer was that it was the person who was going to share the room with me. I refused to let her in. She went away but returned a few minutes later with a staff member who insisted that I had to share the room. I pointed out that I had paid a single supplement and that no one had ever mentioned having to share the room with a total stranger. They kept insisting but I held fast and they finally went away. However, the entire staff was extremely uncordial the entire weekend.

The food was just awful. I had been told that if I wasn't going to be able to make it up Friday evening in time for dinner, I should call so the chef could prepare accordingly. I made it for dinner and the meal was chili. Why do they have to know if one person more or less will be there for chili? Dessert was commercial fruit salad straight from the freezer. They hadn't even taken it out in time to fully thaw. The rest of the meals were equally disappointing. I left early Sunday morning.

29 Thank DoggeyMom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raquette Lake
#10 of 12 in Old Forge
Adirondack Lodge Old Forge
Adirondack Lodge Old Forge
#8 of 12 in Old Forge

Been to Great Camp Sagamore? Share your experiences!