“Decent food, portions are too large!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Ottawa
“Decent food, portions are too large!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Family with 3 kids, everyone enjoyed their meal, but 4 out of 5 of us had to ask for the remainder to go - and it was almost enough for our dinner the next day! They could reduce the portion size by almost half, take a dollar or two off the price of the entree, and you'd think they'd make a killing. But I'm not going to tell them how to run their business, maybe they're making a killing as it is.

Staff is nice, food is of decent quality and fairly priced. The prime rib was better than decent, it was excellent, very tender and perfectly done. Pasta was a hit, ribs were good, chicken cordon bleu wasn't prepared as I expected it to be done but it tasted great. Deep fried calimari as an appetizer was so-so, about average for calimari but not excellent.

Decor is a little dated, if that's the sort of thing that bothers you.

Overall, an enjoyable meal, no regrets, but not a meal to rave about.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank WatcherOfTheFries

Oceanside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Prime rib is worthwhile”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Interior is a bit disappointing, especially the back room. Find it pricey for what is basically a family restaurant. Have been there a couple of times with coupons and really enjoyed the prime rib. Generous portion and underspiced, the way I like it. Salad bar is nicely stocked. We've been happy with service. Fine experience with coupon - not likely high on my list at full price.

Norton, Massachusetts, United States
“Good foodand value”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Ate here with my family during trip to Lake George. We arrived along with bus tour but we're seated immediately. Everyone enjoyed their meal and salad bar. Waitress was friendly and kept drinks filled etc. Especially impressive were the kids cheeseburgers which were huge and looked delicious. I enjoyed our visit and when back in the area would return.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tried something different, was pleased with the choice.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and i celebrated our 3 year anniversary at sweet basil. We wanted to do something different and the dinner and comedy show seemed like a good fit. We walked in and every thing seemed nice, it had a good vibe. We got to our seats (surprisingly not alot of reservations for dinner and a show) the waiter was very attentive. Salad bar had alot of really good choices, with the exception of the itialian dressing. it seemed to acidic to me, but otherwise we enjoyed our salads and some nice apperantly strong drinks. Lol. Our dinners arrived, my girlfriend had the chicken parm, and angel hair patsa. I had the stuffed pork chops with garlic mashed potatoes. This is where a little down note starts. Hers, she loved. And couldn't finish it. Mine, i finished it. But my porkchops didnt seemed to be stuffed. They were split like they should be stuffed. Although i didnt say anything which i should have. I was amazed with how well the pork was cooked and the flavors it had. The desert for the night was a small personal size like strawberry shortcake. Which mine was pretty good. But the cake portion of my girlfriends was hard. The comedy show was as well funny for my first time going to a comedy show i was quite happy. Oh and even got the waiter/bartender to make a special drink based on a movie i am a fan of. And it was quite good and the waiter got a kick out of it. Definetly would go to this restaurant again to try some of the other food.

Queensbury, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Every thing was "PERFECT" !!!!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My Lovely Wife & Brother took me out for my B-Day and my first request was The Log Jam-- but when we arrived at 4:10pm, we were greeted with a "no" --dinner menu--too early--would have to wait til 5pm. So we saw Sweet Basil's sign that said "early bird special 3pm". Blessing!!! We had the "best meal"--EVER!!! Prime Rib W/7oz Maine Lobster = EXCELLENT!!! & PRICE!!! WIFE had a salmon dinner that was EXCELLENT!! SALAD BAR WAS GREAT ALSO!!! Staff was PROFESSIONAL & very FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!!! MORE THAN 5 STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!