“Delicious food, great service!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I like going to the Sweet Basil for their salad bar and great meals. The service is wonderful and the atmosphere is nice too. It has a very welcoming feel to the place and the servers are very friendly. I have had the stuffed pork chops, steak, and the beef tips before and they have all been excellent. I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a good place to take a family or going as a couple. I also suggest getting there before 7pm for the early bird specials!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I really enjoyed our dinner at Sweet Basil. The service was wonderful. The salad bar had some nice choices and not just the usual lettuce and tomato's. The entree had so much food that I took half home and had for another meal at home. I highly recommend this place. I was worried because there was a bus full of people there but they have several dining rooms and our wait was not long at all even with the bus there.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great restaurant -don't pass it up! We went to Sweet Basil's after seeing it advertised in a Lake George tourist attraction booklet found at our hotel. We were not disappointed.

Early bird specials start at 3:30 PM and run until 6 or 6:30 PM. Early bird menu consisted of about 15 meal choices covering the gamit from meat to fish to pasta. My partner chose salmon at $15.95 and I had the queen cut prime rib (a decent size and about 1 inch thick and very tender) at $17.95. Dinner included a starch - rice or baked potato or mashed potato. The salmon was farm raised and never frozen and my partner said that this was the best salmon he has had in a long time.

Also, there is a salad bar included with the dinners - about 30-35 items on the bar -the usual fare and some additions not usually found on other bars inluding a cranberry salad, carrot salad mix, etc. Go back for seconds to get a taste of everything!

Our server was Laurie - she took the time to answer questions we had on the menu and did not rush us even though she was working three other tables.

The outside of the building was very plain but inside th decor was quite nice.

We will definitely revisit this restaurant every time we return to the Lake George/Queensbury area.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We arrived here relatively early in the evening on a busy holiday weekend, with two young toddlers in tow. We were seated immediately, which was nice. The restaurant bills itself as Italian, with every entree entitled to an all-you-can eat salad bar. The salad bar was nothing fancy but it had the basics you'd expect -- romaine/iceberg lettuce combination, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, etc... We ordered three entrees, one each for the adults and one for the kids to share. As they were still young, they would not be able to finish a whole entree by themselves. The waitress took our order and asked if we were ordering another entree since there were four of us. I explained that the kids would be sharing one entree. She then told us that only three of us were entitled to the salad bar, since we only ordered three entrees. If only my children would eat as many vegetables and greens as she imagined! I told her that they would probably eat at most 2 pieces of lettuce and 2 slices of cucumbers. She said "Well....you're not really supposed to have it for both of the kids." Ummm, they would probably eat less than one adult combined of the salad bar. In addition, the restaurant did not have any crayons or coloring pages to keep the kids busy. Our entrees were pastas, which were solid but nothing special.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We wandered in here later one night, there was maybe 5 people still in the restaurant. We ordered our meals and even though we then realized they were getting ready to close nobody rushed us or made us feel less then welcome. The food was tasty and hot and they even went light on the garlic at our request - rare at an Italian restaurant I know! VERY PLEASED!!