“The WORST hotel i've ever stayed in”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Long Island, NY
“The WORST hotel i've ever stayed in”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I called the front desk twice during the time I was making reservations to double check that the rate I was getting was $88. I was told that was the price I would be getting the room for because this was a last minute weekend trip. I arrived at the hotel and asked if we could bring the dog (it is a pet friendly hotel) into the lobby with us because it was hot as could be in the car. They said yes but then shot us dirty looks once he was inside with us. They gave us the room key and we went to the room and couldn't get in. So my husband went back and they swipped it again and it still didn't work. FINALLY, the maids helped us and got us in the room. THE MAIDS! Can you believe it??

THEN we couldn't get the air conditioning to work so I called the front desk. The Indian man running the show yelled at me saying they did have air conditioning and he was coming!! I told him forget it, I didn't want his help. What a jerk.

That night, the hotel was sooooooo noisy. Kids partying upstairs from our room. I didn't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time and i'm a heavy sleeper. The beds were also very uncomfortable.

Now if you remember, I was suppossed to be charged 88 dollars. I got my receipt and I was charged over 120 dollars. The manager wasn't there so they couldn't clear it up. I gave them my phone number...they never called. And never returned my calls. So I put a hold on the credit card I used. Looks like the red roof inn won't be getting my money ever again.

This is BY FAR NOT the number 1 best hotel in Queensbury. I don't know what you people are talking about. It was an absolute nightmare run by a bunch of Indian people who don't know what customer service means.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kat116

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Cicero, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Lake George over Labor Day weekend 2008. It was very clean and adequate. We have no complaints whatsoever. The staff was efficient, friendly and polite. We would definitely stay there again when we visit the area. The price was very reasonable. It is not a 5 star hotel, but neither is their price.

• Liked — Convenient location to all attractions, clean and newly remodeled hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Upstate New York
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I was very worried about booking this hotel because of the cheap price. I am very happy to say it is a basic but clean hotel. We usually book at Marriott or Hilton properties, but we were trying to make this a budget getaway.

The room is basic with 2 queen beds, a fridge, & microwave. For one night that is all we needed. Our kids thought we were going camping, so insisted they sleep in their sleeping bags! We had 2 kids sprawled out on the floor and still room to maneuver around them!

• Liked — They were clean and check in was friendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I could not disagree more with DoctorGNewJersey, who obviously did not do his/her homework. If I was going to pay $149 a night for a motel or hotel, I would also expect some frills but this hotel is not pretending to offer frills. It is however, VERY recently completely refurnished. Everything is brand new and spotless. The staff in the reception area could not have been more pleasant and helpful and smiling. They were wonderful. Free coffee is available in the lobby 24 hours a day.

My room was close to the highway but I heard very little traffic - what I did hear was a siren or two, that's all. Amenities - shampoo and soap in keeping with the kind of hotel it is. For all the other stuff one needs to check into a Hilton or a Marriott etc.

A/C worked very efficiently and not noisily. Bed was comfortable. Yes - thin towels - who cares? They worked!

I initially booked on Priceline.com because they offered the cheapest rate a week before travel at peak season. Rate was $129. Many motels were fully booked. Shortly before I left to go up there, I went online to double check my reservation and saw that there was a 'Red Hot Special' on offer that actually saved me a total of $50. I cancelled the old reservation without penalty and re-booked. I'm glad I did and would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. When I am ready for luxury, I'll look elsewhere.

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness and comfort of everything in the room.
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of. It more than met my expectations.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Cynthia L
New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Upon arrival the front desk staff was pleasant but indifferent to
guests. Parking is convenient. One guest in front of me had a very awkward problem with her room that was clearly the fault of the hotel but there was no apology whatsoever. The room was clean. The beds are lumpy, uneven but I did manage to sleep well. The bathroom has minimal amenities. There were 2 bath towels for a room designed for 3-4 people - two queen beds. The towels are paper thin and sandpaper like. The maid managed to wake us up by banging on the door at 8:23 AM on a Saturday morning. Where's the training? The hotel is close to restaurants and a drive in movie theatre which our family enjoyed. For $149. / night I expected more from a Red Roof Inn. We had a fair meal at Mama Riso's close to town. Food was good but prices were expensive for what you got. I guess this is a tourist area after all.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — customer service is weak
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DoctorGNewJersey
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Just got back from a trip to Lake George. Stayed at this hotel because of the reviews, and I was not disappointed. Room was clean and beds comfy. Had nice fridge and micro, which was great. We spent our time tubbing and at the great escape. This was a clean, comfy, safe place to stay at a great price of 71.99 per night. It is no frills, but we Couldn't beat it.

Stayed June 2008
maine
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Very clean, very nice. Great location. Staff was exceptionally nice. Give it a 10***. Would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — clean, nice room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Queensbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!