I called the front desk twice during the time I was making reservations to double check that the rate I was getting was $88. I was told that was the price I would be getting the room for because this was a last minute weekend trip. I arrived at the hotel and asked if we could bring the dog (it is a pet friendly hotel) into the lobby with us because it was hot as could be in the car. They said yes but then shot us dirty looks once he was inside with us. They gave us the room key and we went to the room and couldn't get in. So my husband went back and they swipped it again and it still didn't work. FINALLY, the maids helped us and got us in the room. THE MAIDS! Can you believe it??
THEN we couldn't get the air conditioning to work so I called the front desk. The Indian man running the show yelled at me saying they did have air conditioning and he was coming!! I told him forget it, I didn't want his help. What a jerk.
That night, the hotel was sooooooo noisy. Kids partying upstairs from our room. I didn't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time and i'm a heavy sleeper. The beds were also very uncomfortable.
Now if you remember, I was suppossed to be charged 88 dollars. I got my receipt and I was charged over 120 dollars. The manager wasn't there so they couldn't clear it up. I gave them my phone number...they never called. And never returned my calls. So I put a hold on the credit card I used. Looks like the red roof inn won't be getting my money ever again.
This is BY FAR NOT the number 1 best hotel in Queensbury. I don't know what you people are talking about. It was an absolute nightmare run by a bunch of Indian people who don't know what customer service means.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located next to Outback Steakhouse, across the street from laundromat and breakfast bakery, 1 block from WalMart and 1 mile from Great Escape Six Flags Park. We have a campfire out back along with picnic tables. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Queensbury Hotel Queensbury
- Queensbury Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Lake George, NY - Queensbury