“RED ROOF INN A BARGAIN”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Cicero, New York
“RED ROOF INN A BARGAIN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Lake George over Labor Day weekend 2008. It was very clean and adequate. We have no complaints whatsoever. The staff was efficient, friendly and polite. We would definitely stay there again when we visit the area. The price was very reasonable. It is not a 5 star hotel, but neither is their price.

• Liked — Convenient location to all attractions, clean and newly remodeled hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Upstate New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

I was very worried about booking this hotel because of the cheap price. I am very happy to say it is a basic but clean hotel. We usually book at Marriott or Hilton properties, but we were trying to make this a budget getaway.

The room is basic with 2 queen beds, a fridge, & microwave. For one night that is all we needed. Our kids thought we were going camping, so insisted they sleep in their sleeping bags! We had 2 kids sprawled out on the floor and still room to maneuver around them!

• Liked — They were clean and check in was friendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

I could not disagree more with DoctorGNewJersey, who obviously did not do his/her homework. If I was going to pay $149 a night for a motel or hotel, I would also expect some frills but this hotel is not pretending to offer frills. It is however, VERY recently completely refurnished. Everything is brand new and spotless. The staff in the reception area could not have been more pleasant and helpful and smiling. They were wonderful. Free coffee is available in the lobby 24 hours a day.

My room was close to the highway but I heard very little traffic - what I did hear was a siren or two, that's all. Amenities - shampoo and soap in keeping with the kind of hotel it is. For all the other stuff one needs to check into a Hilton or a Marriott etc.

A/C worked very efficiently and not noisily. Bed was comfortable. Yes - thin towels - who cares? They worked!

I initially booked on Priceline.com because they offered the cheapest rate a week before travel at peak season. Rate was $129. Many motels were fully booked. Shortly before I left to go up there, I went online to double check my reservation and saw that there was a 'Red Hot Special' on offer that actually saved me a total of $50. I cancelled the old reservation without penalty and re-booked. I'm glad I did and would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. When I am ready for luxury, I'll look elsewhere.

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness and comfort of everything in the room.
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of. It more than met my expectations.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Cynthia L
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

Upon arrival the front desk staff was pleasant but indifferent to
guests. Parking is convenient. One guest in front of me had a very awkward problem with her room that was clearly the fault of the hotel but there was no apology whatsoever. The room was clean. The beds are lumpy, uneven but I did manage to sleep well. The bathroom has minimal amenities. There were 2 bath towels for a room designed for 3-4 people - two queen beds. The towels are paper thin and sandpaper like. The maid managed to wake us up by banging on the door at 8:23 AM on a Saturday morning. Where's the training? The hotel is close to restaurants and a drive in movie theatre which our family enjoyed. For $149. / night I expected more from a Red Roof Inn. We had a fair meal at Mama Riso's close to town. Food was good but prices were expensive for what you got. I guess this is a tourist area after all.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — customer service is weak
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank DoctorGNewJersey
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2008

Just got back from a trip to Lake George. Stayed at this hotel because of the reviews, and I was not disappointed. Room was clean and beds comfy. Had nice fridge and micro, which was great. We spent our time tubbing and at the great escape. This was a clean, comfy, safe place to stay at a great price of 71.99 per night. It is no frills, but we Couldn't beat it.

Stayed June 2008
maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

Very clean, very nice. Great location. Staff was exceptionally nice. Give it a 10***. Would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — clean, nice room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2008

Check in: Quick and friendly, even though we booked online and had a Red Roof Inn RediCard, we had to fill out a guest check in form.

Room: (Non-Smoking, Two Queen Beds) Looked brand new, furniture and fixtures were of modern design and again looked new. I thought the hotel site said that the TV was 27", but it looked more like 20", I only bring that up because we were to watch the Super Bowl during our stay and a larger screen would have been nice. The desk and phone on the night stand had data ports, and wi-fi was available as well for free.

Bathroom: Clean, modern decor. The shower/tub had a shower curtain rod that bowed out and away from the tub, giving you more room to move around in the shower, very nice. Towels: Medium soft, but usable, and plenty of them.

Bed: Queen, comfy. 2 pillows for each bed.

Do Not Disturb Sign: Nice and big and red and in several languages.

Front Desk: Friendly and took care of the cable going out quickly.

Breakfast: None offered, then again it was not advertised, so we didn't miss out on anything, they had a great, single serve coffee machine.

Overall: Clean room, everything looked new, beds were comfy and they accept pets. Would come back again.

• Liked — value and clean rooms
  • Disliked — parking lot wasn't cleared well after snowing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Queensbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!