“Best value in Queensbury/Glens Falls”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Asheville, North Carolina
“Best value in Queensbury/Glens Falls”
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I could not disagree more with DoctorGNewJersey, who obviously did not do his/her homework. If I was going to pay $149 a night for a motel or hotel, I would also expect some frills but this hotel is not pretending to offer frills. It is however, VERY recently completely refurnished. Everything is brand new and spotless. The staff in the reception area could not have been more pleasant and helpful and smiling. They were wonderful. Free coffee is available in the lobby 24 hours a day.

My room was close to the highway but I heard very little traffic - what I did hear was a siren or two, that's all. Amenities - shampoo and soap in keeping with the kind of hotel it is. For all the other stuff one needs to check into a Hilton or a Marriott etc.

A/C worked very efficiently and not noisily. Bed was comfortable. Yes - thin towels - who cares? They worked!

I initially booked on Priceline.com because they offered the cheapest rate a week before travel at peak season. Rate was $129. Many motels were fully booked. Shortly before I left to go up there, I went online to double check my reservation and saw that there was a 'Red Hot Special' on offer that actually saved me a total of $50. I cancelled the old reservation without penalty and re-booked. I'm glad I did and would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. When I am ready for luxury, I'll look elsewhere.

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness and comfort of everything in the room.
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of. It more than met my expectations.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Cynthia L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Upon arrival the front desk staff was pleasant but indifferent to
guests. Parking is convenient. One guest in front of me had a very awkward problem with her room that was clearly the fault of the hotel but there was no apology whatsoever. The room was clean. The beds are lumpy, uneven but I did manage to sleep well. The bathroom has minimal amenities. There were 2 bath towels for a room designed for 3-4 people - two queen beds. The towels are paper thin and sandpaper like. The maid managed to wake us up by banging on the door at 8:23 AM on a Saturday morning. Where's the training? The hotel is close to restaurants and a drive in movie theatre which our family enjoyed. For $149. / night I expected more from a Red Roof Inn. We had a fair meal at Mama Riso's close to town. Food was good but prices were expensive for what you got. I guess this is a tourist area after all.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — customer service is weak
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank DoctorGNewJersey
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Just got back from a trip to Lake George. Stayed at this hotel because of the reviews, and I was not disappointed. Room was clean and beds comfy. Had nice fridge and micro, which was great. We spent our time tubbing and at the great escape. This was a clean, comfy, safe place to stay at a great price of 71.99 per night. It is no frills, but we Couldn't beat it.

Stayed June 2008
maine
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Very clean, very nice. Great location. Staff was exceptionally nice. Give it a 10***. Would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — clean, nice room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed February 5, 2008

Check in: Quick and friendly, even though we booked online and had a Red Roof Inn RediCard, we had to fill out a guest check in form.

Room: (Non-Smoking, Two Queen Beds) Looked brand new, furniture and fixtures were of modern design and again looked new. I thought the hotel site said that the TV was 27", but it looked more like 20", I only bring that up because we were to watch the Super Bowl during our stay and a larger screen would have been nice. The desk and phone on the night stand had data ports, and wi-fi was available as well for free.

Bathroom: Clean, modern decor. The shower/tub had a shower curtain rod that bowed out and away from the tub, giving you more room to move around in the shower, very nice. Towels: Medium soft, but usable, and plenty of them.

Bed: Queen, comfy. 2 pillows for each bed.

Do Not Disturb Sign: Nice and big and red and in several languages.

Front Desk: Friendly and took care of the cable going out quickly.

Breakfast: None offered, then again it was not advertised, so we didn't miss out on anything, they had a great, single serve coffee machine.

Overall: Clean room, everything looked new, beds were comfy and they accept pets. Would come back again.

• Liked — value and clean rooms
  • Disliked — parking lot wasn't cleared well after snowing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2008

This hotel at the price paid is the best deal in NY state!
It's a Red Roof for the name, but it's not a red roof in quality. look and room size: much better than the usual booring red roof!

Peoples at the reception are nice and they know well the area. The room are really clean and larger than I expect for the paid price. It also have a small fridge and micro-wave.
It's a no frill hotel (no services except hot coffee but to light for me!). At walking distance (from 30 seconds to 3 minutes) you have many restaurants: Outback (next building), a chinese restaurant, pizzeria...

It's also close to all shopping center of Glen Falls.

• Liked — The surprising quality of the room.
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Vail, CO
Reviewed November 8, 2007

I live n Vail, CO and travel quite a bit around the country, and I must say this was one of the best affordable hotels that I have stayed in, in the past couple years. Owners Shaki & Pricella Bhatti and their staff were not only friendly & knowledgeable, but they really made me feel like I had a home away from home. The room and property was not only clean, but spotless. I would recommend this family owned & operated hotel to all, even if you are not on a budget. Four Stars all the way.
Robert Aikens

• Liked — Value, staff & cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank vail38
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#12 of 88 in Lake George
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!