“Back again”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Welland, Canada
“Back again”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stay at this Red Roof Inn every year, and not for just one or two nights, so we know it well. It has continued to improve and now I have to say that the maintenance and staff efficiency has has to be pretty good because we don't see the progressive "tired look" that rooms in many motels tend to take on after several years of use and no amount of cleaning or spiffing up will remove. The room we had was exceptionally clean and odour free and I have allergies. We started staying here years ago because we travelled with a pet. This year we have no pet, but still came here because the accommodation and service for the price is great, and we travel enough to know.
We are very pleased to be repeat patrons of this Red Roof and are thrilled to see that more and more people are finding this gem on route 9 because I believe good business will help ensure continued maintenance and enhancement of the facility.

Room Tip: We have stayed at just about every location at this facility, and have been satisfied most of the ti...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Montreal
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Really liked this hotel, the price is very reasonable for the Lake George area and I was surprised (especially considering the price) that it was so modern looking and so clean. Room was clean with a large bathroom, fridge and microwave (very convenient since Wal-Mart is a 3 minutes WALK away-can make you save a lot instead of eating out). Lobby area is nice, clean with TV, tic-tac-toe game for the kids and free tea, coffee & patries/muffns in the morning. Yes, it's true, the beds were not the most comfortable but the advantages outweigh this fact and I would definitely stay there again (right next to Great Escape) and many restaurants closeby + nice picnic area in the back. CON: During summer: No pool, PRO: PRICE AND CLEANLINESS + PROXIMITY TO WAL-MART!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
South Plymouth, New York
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just spent two nights here and it was great. Super clean room, very spacious, decent staff, very reasonable for this expensive area. If you are over 55, they will give you 10% off your stay if you mention it (or book on line like we did). It isn't mentioned when you check in, but they have coffee, tea and pastries in the lobby in the a.m. Place is centrally located to restaurants, shopping, and attractions. Outback Steak House is next door if you'd rather not drive to dinner. Our room faced the back of the building and it was quiet at night.

Room Tip: Choose a room out back if available, away from traffic noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brookhaven, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have to say after staying at the Red Roof in Orlando.Florida Mall location, I said I would never stay at another Red Roof. I must say I'm Glad I changed my mind. September 16,2012 we stayed 1 night by choice at ths location and it was Great. The employees were pleasant and helpful. The room was nice and clean and the hotel is close to everything. We travel with a dog and this place was pet friendly and didn't have that dirty doggie smell. The only negative things I can say is the beds did squeek and the other guests would slam there doors, but that can happen anywhere.

Room Tip: take a room in the back
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I realize that the Red Roof is an economy motel and we sometimes choose these motels when driving too and from our location to save money. They also welcome our dog at Red Roofs. We usually get a pretty standard room at any of the Inns and they are normally clean and the beds comfortable. This Red Roof had a stained carpet and the worst beds I have seen in a motel in years. When you sat on the beds they made a funny noise like a crackling and they were so uncomfortable that I pulled a muscle in my shoulder from sleeping there. I would not stay here again, I will head toward Rutland, Vermont and stay there where the Holiday Inn and some of hotels up on Killington are reasonable and more comfortable. The motel also had a lot of workmen staying there and offered weekly rates. Never again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Upstate NY
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Though I had read the positive reviews for the "inn", my expectations weren't set too high. I figured that for $100 in the Lake George, NY area, I shouldn't expect too much.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that our room was spacious enough, clean and conveniently located.

We stayed in a 2 queen bed room on the 1st floor. And though the sleeping arrangements were a bit tight because there were 5 of us (my husband, my sister, our two young kids & myself), it would have accommodated 4 just fine.

While we are used to a full breakfast with our hotel stays, we didn't really have an issue with not having a hot breakfast included. There is a Wal-Mart located just a couple of doors down & we picked up milk & cereal & a few breakfast items and did just fine. My husband informed me that coffee, tea and pastries were also provided in the lobby. With a larger sized small fridge and a microwave in the room, we also managed to save a bit of money and eat a late dinner when we returned to our room after a busy day in Lake George.

My only complaint was that we only had 2 towels for our stay because the hotel's washing machine was not working and they were rationing towels.

We stayed one night, but had we been in the area longer, I definitely would have booked additional nights. We will definitely return in the future. Good value for the Lake George area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side of the hotel (away from the road), so the room was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mom2twins101
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Exceptionally well maintained Red Roof Inn at a fair price. Quiet, clean and close to all the local ammenities. Delicious homemade pastries for breakfast. Plenty of parking with a tree lined area in the back sporting picnic tables.Pet friendly.
Don't hesitate to try this one..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#12 of 88 in Lake George
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!