Your average hotel in the country. Welcome is nice and polite. The lobby is nice. The rooms are large (I got a suite) and there is fridg, coffee maker etc.. the bathroom is clean and the toiletry used is decent such as Pantene Shampoo and Vaseline body lotion. There is a 32 inc Sharp LCD in the room, that looks small relatively to the size of the room. The HVAC is loud and took it a while to warm the room up. The carped is old and there was a mild smell of mildew when I got in the room; but the bed has clean white sheets, but unlike some other hotels it seems the comforter is not cleaned for every customer (something that Hamptonn Inn does).
The breakfast room is large and they offer your typical continental fare. The location is good in case you need to go to Six Flags.. it's just there, a 100 yards away.
The gym is equipped with 2 treadmills, one stepper and one Lifefitness machine with cables and I felt it's really useless!!! There is a Jacuzzi and a small swimming pool that I think is only good for families with children... surely not a loop pool...
Will come back if I am on business like I was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right next door to the entrance of the Six Flags Great Escpae! The Wakita Motel offers clean, comfortable accomodations at a reasonable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Queensbury Hotel Queensbury
- Country Inn And Suites Queensbury
- Country Inn Queensbury
- Queensbury Country Inn
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury) NY