Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Chester CT
“A Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We took a quick getaway with our two young children (3 & 5) and had an excellent experience. The staff was extremely accomodating and efficient, and provided good recommendations about dining and activity options in the area. Room was clean and quiet, and the beds were very comfortable. Kids loved the pool and jacuzzi. Breakfast buffet had lots of good options. Our children are already asking when we're going back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I recently had to rent seven rooms for multi-day business meeting that my sales team was having in Lake George and we chose the Country Inn & Suites (CI&S). Our entire team is from Darien, CT and was not familiar with the Lake George area. The staff at CI&S could not have been nicer and provided numerous recommendations on the area and always made sure that we were comfortable. The hotel was great and the rooms were clean, nicely decorated and large enough for our needs. I had a suite which was very spacious and the separate room had a work area that was very helpful for my five day stay, plus the high speed internet worked great! CI&S serves a complete hot breakfast each morning, which was a nice plus. I can’t say I will be in Lake George in the near future, but if I am ever back, I will no doubt stay at the CI&S, including if I take my family with me for a visit to Great Escape which is right next door.

Regards,
Mark

Room Tip: Just asked for what you need at the front desk. They will be happy to help you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Monroe, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We went here in the summer and took our grandson along. The room had two queen size beds and a couch area. The room could have been cleaner. We never brought any food into the room but upon examination, I found cheerios alongside the bed and under the couch. The hair dryer in the room was horrible. It would work for two minutes and then shut off. We had housekeeping come in to check it out and they tried to do something but it still kept shutting off. The toilet did not flush properly either. There was no supervision at the pool and children who were underage were in the water without adult supervision. They were also unruly and nobody from the hotel was there to stop them from annoying the other guests. When it came to their breakfast buffet, there was no room to sit after getting some food. Maybe they need a larger area for seating if they offer a breakfast buffet. We've gone to this hotel at least four times prior to this visit but I'm afraid this was the last time we'll go back there. Very disappointed and a waste of money.

Room Tip: Try another hotel a little further from Great Escape.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Iszykat
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2011

we enjoyed this location ,,and this hotel it is very clean and modern

,,however the staff was slightly rude ,,got this hotel reservation through discount service ,,when I complained about the room having been smoked in and my wife's allergies ,,the front desk refused to give me an alternate room indicating that the hotel was all booked and the yet to arrive guests would have to inherit the sub par room ,,this being unfair to them ,,, I had to fight to get what was acceptable from a snotty staff member

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This is RIGHT NEXT to the Six Flags park and I wouldn't want to be there during the height of the season. However for 3 seniors in late Oct. it was just wonderful. The rooms were bright & clean & the staff was so nice I couldn't believe it. We needed to be moved for a minor problem, but the sweet, lovely lady at the desk make the switch without a problem. She warned us that it is sometimes a noisy room, but we agreed so I didn't feel that I could complain. Somehow she was trying to warn me that the guy up above us would be blasting his TV into the wee hours of the morning (made me think it was a long term renter that they had complaints about before).
The breakfast was fine - just a little hard to figure out. Overall, thanks for a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor!! The guy above us must have weighed 400 lbs & walked back & forth at...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My wife and I spend a 4-day weekend in Lake George as our fall get-away. The Country Inn & Suites of Queensbury, NY was very welcoming. We had a room with a king-size bed. The room was clean and inviting. Each morning we went to their breakfast that is included in the deal. The food was fresh and lots of good choices that changed each day. The atmosphere was like staying in an upscale B&B. This is the second time we stayed at a Country Inn (the other was in Virginia) and we equally pleased with our choice.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear overlook the outdoor pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ghent, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2011

. We have frequented many Country Inn hotels, and this is one of THE BEST experiences so far. The staff was polite, the hotel very clean, and the breakfast was absolutely delicious.
The view/ landscaping/ location was wonderful. The owners take pride in what they have.

Room Tip: any- there was a wedding party across the hall from our room- we couldn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#9 of 88 in Lake George
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)? Share your experiences!