Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed July 4, 2011

great hotel! clean, excellent amenities, and close enough to lake george itself!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We only stayed one night just to have a day or two away and go to Great Escape but this hotel was a great choice! Very friendly staff, very clean hotel, super quiet! We splurged and got a jacuzzi room with a wine basket. Both were very nice. The room was clean and spacious. It was great to have a microwave AND frig that was definitely a plus. The pool was small but nice and clean! Would definitely recommend this property!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trishen26
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We were on our trip to Lake George and of course spending one day at The Great Escape. We picked this hotel for it being so close to the park. Arriving in the morning, we were more than welcomed to park our car in their parking lot (although we were only checking in later that day).
The service was great a really friendly, making us feel comfortable from the minute we walked in with our kids.
Rooms, were spacious, very clean, with great amenities.
Outdoor swimming in the morning was a real plus, pool was very clean and the grounds were perfect. (they also have an indoor pool)
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2011

My friend and I decided to do a last minute trip to do some outlet shopping. My friend booked the hotel as her sister had stayed before and had nothing but good things to say about the Country Inn. Upon our arrival we were very pleased with the close proximity to the Outlets as well as several restaurants in the area. Upon check in the lady at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating. My friend had requested a room on the top floor and the front desk clerk informed us that we had been upgraded from a standard with 2 queens to a suite with 2 queens. We were very pleased and surprised. Upon entering the room we were really impressed with the size as well as the fact that there was a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room. The pullout couch would be great for a family and it made a great place for us to sit and chat without having to sit solely on our beds. We were very pleased with the cleanliness as well as the ample towels provided in the bathroom. We both slept really well. The following morning my friend used the fitness center and we both enjoyed the continental breakfast. I was thoroughly impressed with the selection for the breakfast. There were several items to choose from and we appreciated the fact that the breakfast was until 10:30 am. I am a late sleeper and more often than not I miss out on continental breakfasts as I choose to sleep. We had forgotten toothpaste and needed extra shampoo and conditioner. The front desk staff was very kind when we asked if they had extra. There was also a nice indoor pool and whirlpool which looked like a lot of fun. I also noticed a game room for kids and an outdoor pool and play area for kids in the summer. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
elainel027, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury), responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2011

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Please let us know when you are back in the area and we'd be happy to accomodate you once again!

Reviewed March 20, 2011

Our group stayed at the Country Inn for two nights. This was our groups third stay at the same hotel. The employees are helpful, the rooms are neat and clean. I left an item at the hotel and they found it and called me back within a short time to say they will send it to me. I would highly recomend this Country Inn to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2011

We love having your group at our property year after year! Thank you for the wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed March 18, 2011

most enjoyable
children loved the pool, adults loved the hot tub
breakfast room & complimentary food was so appreciated, fresh & varied
tv room pleasant, game room for kids
no complaints whatsoever

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2010

We stayed two nights at this hotel in order to do some Christmas shopping at the nearby outlet stores. The hotel looked very nice from the outside and likewise on the inside. Our king studio suite was large enough to not feel too confined and the flat screen TV worked well as did the in-room heating unit. The bathroom is not overly large but was clean and spacious enough to move around in and the room's fridge & microwave both came in useful.

We did not use the fitness room or pool so I can't comment on either of those ammenities except to say that they were being used by a few of the guests. On the downside, and these are minor things, is that there is only one elevator (that I saw and used anyway) so there could be a bit of a wait depending on the time of day you are intending to use it, the carpet in the elevator could use a good cleaning or replacing and we could hear people walking in the room on the floor above us. We didn't take advantage of the hot breakfast they had but I did see there were scrambled eggs (which looked a bit on the unappetizing side) and sausage patties which I don't particularly like as I prefer the link style but at least they offered something for those who cared for it.

This hotel is not the nicest we've stayed at but it's good enough that we would stay there again when in the Lake George Region.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#21 of 89 in Lake George
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)? Share your experiences!