Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Montgomery, New York
“Fun place”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stay here every 4th of July weekend. We bring our 9 year old son and a friend. They absolutely love it. You can sit on the lawn at Lodge and watch 4th of July fireworks going off at Great Escape. Lodge was full not no lines and now crowds at either Lodge or Great Escape. Characters walk around. Get your Great Escape tickets at gift shop in Lodge --- you save a bundle --- plus you do not have to wait on line. My son looks forward to going to Lodge every year. Rooms are average not 5 star but the price is reasonable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We had a terrific time in Queensbury and we will return next year!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
pzone park, n.y.
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My wife and I decided to leave the the kids behind and spend 2 nights here. We are looking at real estate in the area.We recieved $89.00 per night rate which was excellent for the Memorial day weekend[Sunday and Monday].
Check in was smooth but the room was not ready untill 4:00p.pm,We arrived about 2:00p/m.They said they would call my cell phone when the room was ready and they did at 3:45. Nice!
We had asked for a quiet room on the 4th floor and they gave us a 4th floor room at the end of the hallway Nice!
Front desk was very nice and the room same.No complaints.
Wait for a good deal on the rates and you can't go wrong here,Best for familys with kids.
The one thing I must commend this hotel on is that about a week after we left we recieved a phone call at home to survey or recent stay.Nice touch!By the way I only had ggod things to say .

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed June 9, 2010

My family stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We arrived on Monday and left on Saturday which was perfect since Friday night was when everyone else arrived. I have an 11 year old and a 5 year old and they loved the indoor waterpark so much I practically had to drag them out of it to go to the beach one day. The waterpark isn't that big but it was never super crowded. The hotel staff was friendly, except for one lifeguard who was rude to my husband. There are not many dining choices in the hotel so we had to drive into town to eat most nights. The rooms were adequate, and the beds comfy but the pillows are the worst! Overall it was a good trip and a good value.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We are family of 4 with a 3year old son and 5 year old daughter and we visited with friends on May 24th long weekend. Overall experience was awesome. We arrived at noon exactly and check in was fast but I can see how it could get long at peak times. The water park is fantastic. Our kids loved it and could do almost everything. They loved just bobbing along (without the tubes) in the lazy river and all the slides! The family raft ride is a slow moving line but a great ride. I think in our 3 day/2night stay we visited the waterpark 5 times! Water temp was very nice and we were never cold when we came out of the water as the ambient temp is also really great. The only negative thing here has to do w/a management decision...waterpark hours are normally 9-9 on the weekend and 10-8 on the Sunday nights and weekdays...considering the entire hotel was packed with Canadians enjoying the Victoria Day long weekend, it was ridiculous that they closed the waterpark at 8 on Sunday and only opened at 10am on the Monday.
Room was fine, quite large w/2 dbl beds and a pull out sofa. The pillows though are the worst on the planet. Woke up with my neck all out of whack...so if you are driving, throw your pillows into the car. Trust me.
Johnny Rockets had a decent breakfast and yummy milkshakes /burger fare for lunch.
I wouldn't pay $400 a night to stay here which is the cost in the middle of the summer but I would and did pay $200 a night for a stay in May. Asides from the pillows and the operating hours thing, it was wonderful. Hoping October prices ressemble May so we can have a return visit!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I arrived on 22 May 2010 for Victoria Day weekend. Our destination is the theme park. So this hotel is the perfect place to stay. Check in was a breeze. All was done in less than 10 minutes. Room is big, with a semi-suite for couch. The TV line-up is very generous. In fact, I think this was the most channels I ever had on TV among all U.S. hotels I have stayed with.

The only complaint I have is that the bed is too firm yet the pillows are too limpy.

All in all, satisfied.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2010

lodge room was great. johnny rockets for food very good , especially for kids . they loved it. but the amusement park- we could not go on nothing in water park including slides or wave pool. was like ice cubes cold. want to go back but hope park does something about the water temps. that was a waste and it was so nice out. kids would not go on any water stuff.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 11 in Queensbury

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!