“Nice Family Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
New York
“Nice Family Hotel”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

My family stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We arrived on Monday and left on Saturday which was perfect since Friday night was when everyone else arrived. I have an 11 year old and a 5 year old and they loved the indoor waterpark so much I practically had to drag them out of it to go to the beach one day. The waterpark isn't that big but it was never super crowded. The hotel staff was friendly, except for one lifeguard who was rude to my husband. There are not many dining choices in the hotel so we had to drive into town to eat most nights. The rooms were adequate, and the beds comfy but the pillows are the worst! Overall it was a good trip and a good value.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We are family of 4 with a 3year old son and 5 year old daughter and we visited with friends on May 24th long weekend. Overall experience was awesome. We arrived at noon exactly and check in was fast but I can see how it could get long at peak times. The water park is fantastic. Our kids loved it and could do almost everything. They loved just bobbing along (without the tubes) in the lazy river and all the slides! The family raft ride is a slow moving line but a great ride. I think in our 3 day/2night stay we visited the waterpark 5 times! Water temp was very nice and we were never cold when we came out of the water as the ambient temp is also really great. The only negative thing here has to do w/a management decision...waterpark hours are normally 9-9 on the weekend and 10-8 on the Sunday nights and weekdays...considering the entire hotel was packed with Canadians enjoying the Victoria Day long weekend, it was ridiculous that they closed the waterpark at 8 on Sunday and only opened at 10am on the Monday.
Room was fine, quite large w/2 dbl beds and a pull out sofa. The pillows though are the worst on the planet. Woke up with my neck all out of whack...so if you are driving, throw your pillows into the car. Trust me.
Johnny Rockets had a decent breakfast and yummy milkshakes /burger fare for lunch.
I wouldn't pay $400 a night to stay here which is the cost in the middle of the summer but I would and did pay $200 a night for a stay in May. Asides from the pillows and the operating hours thing, it was wonderful. Hoping October prices ressemble May so we can have a return visit!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I arrived on 22 May 2010 for Victoria Day weekend. Our destination is the theme park. So this hotel is the perfect place to stay. Check in was a breeze. All was done in less than 10 minutes. Room is big, with a semi-suite for couch. The TV line-up is very generous. In fact, I think this was the most channels I ever had on TV among all U.S. hotels I have stayed with.

The only complaint I have is that the bed is too firm yet the pillows are too limpy.

All in all, satisfied.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2010

lodge room was great. johnny rockets for food very good , especially for kids . they loved it. but the amusement park- we could not go on nothing in water park including slides or wave pool. was like ice cubes cold. want to go back but hope park does something about the water temps. that was a waste and it was so nice out. kids would not go on any water stuff.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We found a discount code on TravelZoo and got the room for $99 incl waterpark for 2 adults and 2 children. The price on the hotels own website was $79 for no water park, so we got a great deal. We were able to check-in at 1pm, everything was great except we were not given a kids schedule, which is one of the best programs I've seen at a hotel, characters throughout the day and fun activities for the kids. We were travelling with a 8 yr old and a 10 yr old.
Room: Our suite had 2 queen beds and a separate sitting area. A very large room for what we were paying. Was quite clean and very quite ammenities.
FUN: The water park was included for both days so we spend a few hours there each day and the kids loved it. The hot tub was closed due to a ph level problem and was not resolved during our stay, but overall this hotel has it all and keeps the kids busy.
Dining:We ate on-site at Johnny Rockets and the food was great, the hotel is a bit of a maze but there is also a sports lounge you can get to through Johnny Rockets, we saw many lost guests trying to find it :)

Upstate NY
Reviewed April 22, 2010

FANTASTIC value, just call and ask! Firtst we arrived at Noon and wee were ablr to check in.. Room was Huge and very clean, slow drain, that was my only issue. Sheets soft, bed crinky but very comfy. Park was great, I would agree to change the music or loose it all together in the park. We were all chilly and the water does need to be warmer, But, My husband and I discovered the adult only hot tub. Only a small rock wall between that and the leaisure swimming area, soit worked perfect for us to keep our eye on our 6 and 9 yr old that stayed in one spot. SURFING was way too cool... This Mom tried it.
Johnny Rockets was not bad at all and service was great. I agree 2 days at the park is completley enough time... Story time w/ Daffy and the meet and greet was a great way to send the kids off to bed.
ADIRONDACK THEME WAS SPOT ON!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
the Berkshires
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Just got back from 2 nights at the Great Escape Lodge, and I have no complaints at all. It was school vacation week and the lodge was completely sold out, yet after a 2-minute wait in line we were able to check in and get into our room, even though it was 3 hours before the official check-in time.

The room was large and clean, no complaints there. The waterpark is NOISY and crowded, but the kids had a great time. Even completely packed, there was no more than a few minutes wait time to get on any slide or activity. Kids (and adults) did get cold, as you are wet all the time and the air temperature wasn't all that warm. I would vote for them to not try to play music in the waterpark - it was so loud from all of the people that we couldn't even make out what was playing, it was just additional noise. I also don't understand the point of have the roofing material let in not only the light but also the UV radiation so that you need to use sunscreen even though you're indoors.

I would recommend packing food for breakfast and lunch and eating out only for dinner. The room had a fridge, microwave, and coffeepot, and that was enough for us. One of the restaurants in the hotel had a breakfast buffet for $16/adult and $12/child - instead we had cereal and coffee in the room.

If we return, it will likely be for only one night. The kids would have happily stayed longer, but the adults were ready to leave by the third day in the park. I could see teenagers getting bored pretty quickly here, as the park isn't all that big, but for younger kids it is definitely a place to visit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
#9 of 88 in Lake George
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#4 of 11 in Queensbury

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!