Despite the negative reviews, we decided to go there for Easter week end as I wanted my son to spend good time in the water park. The weather was great and we found excellent hiking trails in the Adirondacks which made our week end excellent... The hotel was generally clean, the rooms are the average motel standard (for 3 times the price) but the presence of Tweety, Soobi-doo and Bugs Bunny makes it magic for the kids. Very friendly service at Johnny Rocket (and food better than expected) - poor food quality at the tavern. All in all OK if it weren't for the painful check in / check out. The Eatster eggs hunt in the water park was also great time!
I can confirm the serious mangement problems reported below. We arrived on Easter Friday, waited 45 minutes in the line (only 1 person at the desk), checked in at 4 and were told our room was not ready yet! Everyone in the line was in the same situation. Is it really impossible, on the eve of a major week end, to have the rooms ready? I was with a baby who badly needed a nap but was told "Check in time from 4.00 does not mean all the rooms are ready at 4.00". I was then called on my mobile when my room was ready but had to wait another 20 minutes before getting the keys...
Same bureaucracy at check out. It was the Easter Monday and there was only one employee for both check out and the entrance to the water park so there was a long line ... When it is my turn, I notice a mistake of 90 dollars in my invoice. The employee then disappeared for 10 minutes. When she came back, it was 10.30 and she explained to me that I was right but that she had no authorizations to change the invoice and that I had to wait for a supervisor. Her supervisor was in a meeting and would not be available before 11.30! We had planned to leave after check out in order to be back in NY just after lunch but decided to stay because I did not want to lose 90 dollars just because of poor management. That an hotel of this size has only one person in charge of both check out and the entrance to the park is already ridiculous and show little respect for customer. But that this person does not even have the autorization to correct the invoice and that no supervisor is reachable at check out time....
Another non sense: the small coffeeshop was closed on Easter Sunday - no possibility to get real (good) coffee in the morning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready for a fun-filled stay in the Lake George area you'll never forget? The Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park is a 200-room family suite lodge near Lake George, a resort featuring an incredible 38,000 sq ft indoor water park with attractions designed to make every age group smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Queensbury
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge And Indoor Waterpark
- Great Escape Lodge
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Lake George, NY - Queensbury