“Could have been Better.”

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
NewYork
“Could have been Better.”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

This could be a nice place if it had more staff and better management. The room was clean,and spacious nice fridge and microwave, nice beds , need better pillows. Food and service great in Johnny Rockets. They need more control of the waterpark, there was no one at the door checking wristbands or giving info. No one should be wading and swimming in the Take it ez e creek. My six year old son is mildly autistic and ran from me straight to the creek I was chasing after him frantic I called to one life guard to please grab him for me she didn't , a second one looked at me dumbfounded, but finally grabbed him, but they acted like they didn't want to help. I saw numerous young children floundering in too large inner tubes. The whole weekend we saw one cartoon character. For 185 a night they could at least offer a light continental breakfast.

ro

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
new york
Reviewed March 26, 2010

got the mid week special so a stain on the carpet did not bother me much. Checked in at 3pm and not at10am when the waterpark opens!! guess what?no lines!!!Room has small fridge and microwave which is nice-no hd tv here-pillows were soft but found extra's, bed a little mushy but room was clean--yes there are kids running around until 11pm--turn the tv up and the noise goes away. Waterpark is small so if the hotel is full I could see where it could be a nightmare--entire park was open this day with 10-15 l.g.,water was ok could have been a little warmer-place was clean.They now have life jackets for little ones which I never saw before-great for the lazy river.Towels have shrunk to the size of a dish rag but grab 10 of them and its fine.Johnie Rockets is perfect for the situation and you dont have to drive--I am not going to review a burger place for crine out loud.

syracuse new york
Reviewed March 26, 2010

First of all, after driving 3 and 1/2 half hours, we had to wait in line for one hour (with our three and nine year old children) to get our bracelets to get into the waterpark, this was at 3:30PM. Then they said they would call us when our room was ready. It was 6:30PM when we were finished for the day at the waterpark when I finally approached the front desk to inquire about out room because we had not recieved a phone call. Check in time was 4PM and they had just finished cleaning our room at 6:30PM. Ridiculous. When I inquired about getting a 1PM checkout the next day instead of the usually 11 AM because of the room being 2 and 1/2 hours late, I was told that check in starts at 4PM and is not guaranteed at that time. After talking with the manager, we were able to get the later check out but they were not very customer friendly or accomadating.

I have been to other water parks and this one is definately small and limited with what it has to offer. It is really geared for 5-8 year olds. It does have some toddler stuff but forget it if your children are over 8, they will be very disappointed. It only has one single rider tube ride and one 3-4 person tube ride. Then two body slides but they are so small that my three year old went down them by herself. I did find the water and air temperature colder than the other parks that I have visited.

The only positive thing that I can say about the park is that the lodge decor was very nice, but that's it. I would definately not recommend this to anyone and we will definately not be returning here.

1 Thank friendlyfroggie

Travelers are raving about these Queensbury hotels

New York
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Was nervous about going due to neg. trip advisor reviews, but so glad we went! The kids had a ball (8 and 3 yrs). Maybe it is because it is our first experience with a water park, but...the lodge is very nice a clean. The lobby is very attractive...check in was thankfully a breeze...our room was clean and spacious, and we took advantage of refrig. and microwave. The waterpark def. kept my kids entertained for hours, and it seemed clean to us. The air and water temp. were fine for us also, and we are not the bravest when it comes to cold water! One ride was not running, but the lodge was def. not full capacity, so I was not surprised by this. (we went mid-week) Also, one restaurant was closed, but there are 2 others-so no prob as far as we were concerned. We enjoyed craft time-they were simple, and fun for kids.Story time in the evening was great for my 3 year old, and in the am. my son and husband enjoyed the arcade. Staff was always very friendly too. So we had a great time!

NH
Reviewed March 24, 2010

After staying a night and waking up the next day,I found 3 fairly big [1 or 2 day old] bloodstains underneath the sheets on the mattress liner! I complained and they only apologized and gave me 10% off on 1 night!!! This place shouldn't even be in business. We have come here 7 times in the last 3 years hoping it would get better...it only gets worse. My kids love the surfing wave...but I will be driving elsewhere next time.

4 Thank whitjake222
new hampshire
Reviewed March 23, 2010

possibly the worst run worst managed place I have ever stayed. when i made this reservation 3 weeks prior i asked for early check-in which i was told would be no problem. so then we get there after driving 3 hours and have to wait in a line over an hour long after paying 265 a night was ridiculous; the reason for the line is that they have no separate line for people staying at the hotel and people going to just the water park. and then the fact that i have to pay this price and then have to put up with dealing with half the state of new york in a water park was horrible. the water park was dirty, cold and filled with annoying, rude people. dinner at johhny rockets was another wait in the abyss. mildew on the shower curtain in the tub. yuck. this place has been open long enough that these bugs should be worked out which proves why six flags in general, including their amusements parks, are in the toilet.

5 Thank islandgirl072
vermont
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I must have hit the checkin time just right, being 3rd in line. But after seeing the lines at other times I totally understand the complaints. Clean facility, great waterpark for young kids, but the froint desk needs extra help. Be prepared to wait.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 11 in Queensbury

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!