“NO COMPLAINTS...Had a great time!”

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Was nervous about going due to neg. trip advisor reviews, but so glad we went! The kids had a ball (8 and 3 yrs). Maybe it is because it is our first experience with a water park, but...the lodge is very nice a clean. The lobby is very attractive...check in was thankfully a breeze...our room was clean and spacious, and we took advantage of refrig. and microwave. The waterpark def. kept my kids entertained for hours, and it seemed clean to us. The air and water temp. were fine for us also, and we are not the bravest when it comes to cold water! One ride was not running, but the lodge was def. not full capacity, so I was not surprised by this. (we went mid-week) Also, one restaurant was closed, but there are 2 others-so no prob as far as we were concerned. We enjoyed craft time-they were simple, and fun for kids.Story time in the evening was great for my 3 year old, and in the am. my son and husband enjoyed the arcade. Staff was always very friendly too. So we had a great time!

Reviewed March 24, 2010

After staying a night and waking up the next day,I found 3 fairly big [1 or 2 day old] bloodstains underneath the sheets on the mattress liner! I complained and they only apologized and gave me 10% off on 1 night!!! This place shouldn't even be in business. We have come here 7 times in the last 3 years hoping it would get better...it only gets worse. My kids love the surfing wave...but I will be driving elsewhere next time.

4  Thank whitjake222
Reviewed March 23, 2010

possibly the worst run worst managed place I have ever stayed. when i made this reservation 3 weeks prior i asked for early check-in which i was told would be no problem. so then we get there after driving 3 hours and have to wait in a line over an hour long after paying 265 a night was ridiculous; the reason for the line is that they have no separate line for people staying at the hotel and people going to just the water park. and then the fact that i have to pay this price and then have to put up with dealing with half the state of new york in a water park was horrible. the water park was dirty, cold and filled with annoying, rude people. dinner at johhny rockets was another wait in the abyss. mildew on the shower curtain in the tub. yuck. this place has been open long enough that these bugs should be worked out which proves why six flags in general, including their amusements parks, are in the toilet.

5  Thank islandgirl072
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I must have hit the checkin time just right, being 3rd in line. But after seeing the lines at other times I totally understand the complaints. Clean facility, great waterpark for young kids, but the froint desk needs extra help. Be prepared to wait.

Reviewed March 22, 2010

We arrived at the hotel with high expectations - we enjoy the Six Flags parks so we were hoping for the same experience at the hotel. First problem was right when we walked in the door - there was a line out the door! I called the hotel while in the FORTY FIVE minute line just to check in and get our water park tickets ( this is super fun with small kids btw ) and I was like "we drove 3 hours up here - is there any reason that they don't have a seperate line for reservations and one for day passes??" And the rep said that "well, everyone else has driven a long time and they are waiting too." great...

So we finaly get up to the front of the line and I said that I wanted to talk to a manager - as it was 3:30 ( we arrived at 2:40) and that is just not acceptable. She handed me a copied piece of paper that was a "customer comment" form. Uh - thanks?? No free drink, no $5 coupon - nothing.

So, then we get into the water park, hoping that it was worth it and I was NOT pleased. The place was FILTHY. We go to CoCo Key water parks around here and I have never seen them look like this. The toddler play area was so crowded we couldn't even find an inch of water to play in - plus there were kids misbehaving (sitting at the bottom of the slide and trying to climb back up it when other kids are waiting - and the parents looking on and not doing a thing about it )

From what I understand the water park was sold out but if you are going to sell out common sense woudl say that you have to have staff on board to deal with it. There were clumps of HAIR on the bathroom floors (eww!! ) then the Family bathroom had a pile of dirty towels stacked up almost to the height of the toilet - the floor was dirty - there were used paper towels all over the floor and ( this was the highlight ) a used feminine hygenie product lying next to the pile of towels. Gross gross gross.

It was at that point that we decided to leave having spent $50 and $7 for a locker and $15 on food. Trust me - do NOT go here!

1  Thank VernonCT
Reviewed March 21, 2010

The water park is great for the Kids. But as adults we found the water in the lazy river toooooo cold. We arrived at 3:45, and was not able to check in until well after 5:00. The help is good, However, they do need more help at the front desk to cut down on the long lines. 1 hour is to long to wait to check in, just to find out your room is not ready yet. We would visit this hotel again. We would just be prepared for a very late check in and long lines.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

ok. This place has all the good intentions but it does not measure up AT ALL! It seems like it is run on a shoe string. staff are very friendly but are not able to get everything done and so smiles can only go so far. it took me 2 hours and 7 phone calls to get through to someone to confirm the reservation the day before we were to arrive. when we got there ( a weekday thank goodness because I saw the line for the weekend) the remote did not work, the lights did not work in our room. It took me about 4 hours to get extra pillows and blankets and the only reason we got them was because we saw the manager out and about. the lines are HUGE, LONG!! and there is no way around them. they need double the staff in this hotel to run properly. it was very cold in the lazy river. and the chlorine will burn your eyes. which is to be expected at a water park but this really was bad and everyone had itchy , itchy skin and burning eyes when we left. - ok. well one last thing. the kids had fun because they were oblivious to it all ( 7 and 4). if you can deal with waiting most of the time you are there.... go for it. but one night was enough to do us in....

1  Thank hotpinkrollers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
#5 of 11 in Queensbury
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#4 of 11 in Queensbury

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!