The hotel is experiencing a major break down of the water park. The staff minimized the problem when it was disclosed at check in. They said it was one ride down out of nine It's more like the complete intermediate section of the rides excluding the lazy river. You'll have the baby-toddler pool, the lazy river, the surf ride and the larger slides more adapted to teens and adults. For my six year old, all that was suitable was the lazy river.
They handed us a letter stating they would give us a 20% discount off our stay at check out. Our rate was $232 per nights for the bed and breakfast room. At check out 20% was calculated as being $37.90 instead of $46.40. They claimed the promised discount doesn't include the breakfast package. Even then, it didn't add up to 20%. They then claimed the 20% discount was for a regular price of $189 per night. Without the breakfast, the rate was $198 per night when I booked the stay. I gave up on them since it was only for a two night stay. I left being cheated by them. It was such a small difference in price to honour their promise. I feel they we're extremely cheap. Especially since they failed to correctly disclose the true nature of the water park break down.
I had expected the delays in check in and the lumpy pillows. I had read many reviews before leaving. This is why I booked two nights, to have time to relax and enjoy the water park. The room was fine. We were located next to a staircase. It was noisy because of kids running in them, but this as to be expected when catering to a family oriented hotel.
One pleasant surprise was the Johny Rockets restaurant. Breakfast was served quickly by the staff and they were friendly. We even had one supper there and had one of the nicest waitress I've seen in years. The service was the complete opposite of what I had read in the reviews. Maybe the management read them and took the appropriate corrective actions. Lets hope Six Flags reads their reviews now and acts on them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready for a fun-filled stay in the Lake George area you'll never forget? The Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park is a 200-room family suite lodge near Lake George, a resort featuring an incredible 38,000 sq ft indoor water park with attractions designed to make every age group smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Queensbury
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge And Indoor Waterpark
- 6 Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
- Great Escape Lodge
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Lake George, NY - Queensbury