“Vomit stains on the carpet and chicken bones in the fridge...need I go on?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark

and 1 more site!
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Southington, Connecticut, USA
“Vomit stains on the carpet and chicken bones in the fridge...need I go on?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

As others have sited this place should be avoided at all costs. We waited all afternoon to get into our room only to find vomit on the carpet, chicken bones in the fridge, dirty socks, holes in the blankets, a broken hair dryer...all for over $300 a night! When I called to complain housekeeping came to access the situation and said they would take care of everything while we were at dinner. When I went to the desk to ask for our room to be switched I was informed they were at full capacity. We went off property for dinner to try and find other accommodations, alas it was not only valentines weekend but also february break so every hotel in the area was booked! Frustrated with no option but to stay we returned to our room only to find the smell was 10x worse, it appears they just soaked the carpet..not cleaned it. I immediately called the desk and asked for a manager to come to our room. A young man who later admitted he was the aquatics director came to our room. I demanded that the property manager or general manager be notified and that this was totally unacceptable. After 9:00 pm at night the "real" manager finally came to our room to address the situation and offered to comp our night and change our room the next day. Like others have said, while the kids enjoyed their time here it was nothing but one frustration after the next, not a vacation. If your going here thinking your going to get clean accommodations..your not. If your thinking it will be anything near the quality of Great Wolf Lodge...it's not. Stay away as this place needs a lot of improvements.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kccast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
New Paltz, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

My family (myself, husband, 4 and 6 year old sons) stayed at this property from 2/14-2/16. we had arrived late on Friday , so check in was quick. Scooby Doo was in the waiting area greeting guests and that was exciting. We headed to our room (room 250) to find stained blankets on our bed and a room temperature of about 80 degrees. The room was small, decorated with imitation lodge style decor. The "wooden" decor was actually plastic molded like wood. The beds were large, uneven and extremely squeaky.
We headed to the water park immediately. It is large, spacious and outdated. The lockers are cash only and 16-18 dollars for the day. (RIDICULOUS!)
The towels are small enough for a face and as absorbent as sandpaper.

After the pool, we headed to the arcade. this was the highlight of the trip! clean, spacious, good prizes, good games, good payouts on the machine and very reasonably priced games. the staff was pleasant and helpful. The arcade really is fantastic.

Exhausted from games and swimming we went back to our room to sleep. Finding the room at a balmy 82 degrees we put on the A/C and cracked a window. Still, there was no relief to the temperature.
Finally we fell asleep around 10 pm. At this time the noise on the 3rd floor began. A herd of 6 unattended children were running the halls, knocking on hotel doors, riding the elevators, yelling, jumping, stomping throughout the hotel. I called the front desk. I went to the front desk, I even went to the third floor to address the issue myself when I noticed that security and management couldn't handle it.
At 2 am the noise subsided. At 8 am I went (with 2 other sleep deprived guests) to the front desk. we were told not to interact with the noisy folks on the 3rd floor or the police would be called, and to come back at 9:30 to see the MOD.
9;30 on the dot I returned to see Kacie, the MOD. She was unapologetic and instead complaining about how tired SHE was. She claimed security was on the issue and that she'd talk to me later. Security gave me a direct line to call should I see the noisy guests again so that they could address them directly. (hello, they were in rooms 349 and 350, how hard is that?)

I found the kids and their parents at the water park. I called security and they came to the water park. I pointed out the family. Security and Kacie stood there, shrugged and walked away They didn't address the folks, warn them, acknowledge them. Nothing.

Finally around 2 pm Kacie came to our room to offer a free nights stay during our next visit. I told her there would not be a next visit. She then offered to comp our room less the costs of a day rate for the waterpark. I accepted the offer and went back on with what was supposed to be a vacation.

We slept great that night as the rowdy folks had checked out (not been thrown out, but checked out...)
The next morning (today, sunday) at check out there was no knowledge of Kacies offer for a comped room less the wrist bands. I had to wait over an hour for someone to get hold of Kacie to confirm the arrangement.
Again, with zero apology or respect or even gratitude for the fortune we did drop at this place, we left.
we will not return.

My kids LOVED the place and had a great time, but the incompetent, unfriendly, seemingly whiny, unhelpful, unprofessional staff.. the over heated rooms the dirty water park and don't even let me start on the greasy restaurants on site will prevent us from ever returning.

Did I mention that they charge $3.75 for a 20 ounce Dasani bottle of water?

Save your money, save your sanity, contract one less communicable disease and go somewhere else. This outdated property and its incompetent staff aren't worth the paper that the arcade prize tickets are printed on.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
5 Thank Bonzer34

Travelers are raving about these Queensbury hotels

Bayside, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had a good time even though the drive took forever. (Daughter had a bad tummy ache so we had to stop at every rest stop.) About Room 411 - clean, well lit, toilet makes a dying goose noise at the end, The premiere room has a welcome gift bag which was nice (slippers x2 and a bag of Swedish fish), great access to ice and soda machine. The soda package was well worth it. Lots of refills. Bought one cup and shared for family of 3. Johnny Rocket tickets breakfast package was good too. Kid didn't eat much but that's expected. We wrapped the l
Love the in-room Keurig and PS3. Tv was easy to learn how to use. We were on the top floor but running in hallways still sounded magnified. What do you expect at a resort for families??
Cons: wrist band is just a wrist band, not electronically connected with room key and credit card so stashing both while in park is annoying. Kept having to check on our things we left at a chair/table. Would have been nice not to worry
about it and not going to spend $18 bucks on a locker to store towels and slippers. So I guess I can't complain.
Definitely bring your own towel. They give you a dish towel that barely soaks up water. One per guest. (Cheap) I brought my own life vest for 4 year old. We all wore goggles too. Very chlorinated water. Eyes were red and irritated afterwards. Love the lazy creek although nothing lazy about it. Has a nice
current that pushes you along even without a tube. It was a nice workout. We usually went to park in the afternoon when it wasn't so busy/congested. Perhaps the Super Bowl weekend had something to do with the minimum amount of people. I like it like this. Must rinse suit and self immediately after. My skin was so dry and irritated from the chlorine. It's expected though for a water park. Love that they have Blue Moon on tap. Don't leave your booze cups unattended because they will throw it out being family-oriented and all. Can't bring outside food and drinks but they don't check your bags. Sitting area is clean. No scattered food and used tissues on the ground. Tables need a little wiping though. Bathrooms are gross. Water park is definitely smaller than Great Wolf and doesn't have the cool interactive game like Magic quest. But the hotel rooms are nicer and the memory foam beds are amazing (but can get warm if you don't move when you sleep). I like that there's a Johnny Rockets connected to the hotel AND a fully stocked sports bar. Kids klub worth checking out for the free events

Glens Falls, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We use the Great Escape Lodge as a birthday trip for my 10 year old son who is diagnosed with autism. We book during the week and find the Lodge to have low crowd and noise levels. Two of the large slides were not running (low staff?) but other than that we had a great time. My son especially enjoyed the cabin themed bunk beds.

1 Thank Shermans326099
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I read so many reviews before going..I was a little nervous because the reviews are so varied from horrible to excellent. So here's my take... We went midweek Sunday to Wednesday and got a great price. Rooms were average, but clean and all amenities worked. Room was cleaned daily and fully stocked with plenty of towels. Continental breakfast was fine, included eggs and pancakes one day and Belgian waffles the next and it was Free! Water park was great! Water was a little cool for my liking, but totally doable! No wait at any ride, plenty of tubes and the conveyor belt for the family ride was working. Plenty of towels, small but they dry just fine. Food in the water park is outrageously priced..$8.50 for a grilled cheese! But room has a fridge so bring your own lunch stuff, plus a natural break for the kids. Kids club activities were fun and I found all of the staff pleasant. Quick check in an out and our room was ready before 4 pm. I would go again, definately midweek.

• Stayed February 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Six Flags Waterpark all was well until we had our complimentary breakfast . I waned to ask the servers where I could find the silverware but they were too involved with a conversation between themselves so I asked a fellow diner and they told me where it was. Well I must have walked by it and was going too close to the real silverware when I was yelled at so loudly by one of the servers that my wife heard it and she was out by the elevators.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joe G
Blandford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

The lodge was great, Waterpark was fun for kids & adults. Rooms, lobby, entire hotel lovely.
Bring a t shirt if you have little ones in case they get cold while in the baby pool. Towels are OK but suggest you bring a beach towel as well.

Room Tip: Room 317 - yay!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#9 of 87 in Lake George
Wingate by Wyndham Lake George

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!