We spent 3 nights at this lodge during the Christmas holidays. Needless to say, with the water park being attached to the lodge itself, it was a wonderful break from the cold outdoors. However, having visited another indoor water park along the same lines in Connecticut, we felt that the water was rather cold, leading to many bouts of shivering. The water park itself, as well as most common parts of the lodge were also rather chilly. The lobby especially was frigid with blasts of cold air coming in constantly from the busy front doors. We solved the problem (at least while exiting the water park) by carrying towels from our room. The wet water park towels we deposited at the desk and then wrapped up in the dry ones.
The rides at the park were pretty well thought out.......there was something for everybody, except for the 3 and under age, who had just a little play area to explore. It was pretty difficult to heave the 4 person raft up all the levels, so we ended up doing that ride only once. The surfing one was especially good if you don't count the long waiting time. There were plenty of other options as well. However, instructions and rules were pretty vague and incomplete. Especially age and height restrictions were confusing. All the life guards did not follow these either, leading to a lot of unhappy parents and children. For example, my 8 yr old daughter played in the kiddie area with her 2 yr old brother one entire evening and half the next day before a life guard told her that she was too tall for the play area. Ditto with the Tree House. This time it was the 2 yr old who had to stop playing. Needless to say, we weren't happy at all. A lot of other parents were seen to be complaining too. Also, some of the elderly life guards were cranky at best....seemed to think they were doing us a favor by allowing us on the rides......... not very appealing to anybody enjoying some wholehearted fun. Don't misunderstand me........I'm not against rules, rather I'm very much for them. However, I do appreciate being told what's what up front. The younger lifeguards were much more pleasant.
As for the lodge itself.........it exceeded our expectations. The lobby was decorated beautifully for the season. The evening entertainment was silly. We didn't do the Kids Club. The room was spacious, very well cleaned and beds were super comfy. The only complaint I had was that the water backed up in both the sink and bathtub. Lodge staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The two gift shops were well stocked. North Wood Traders, esp, I felt was very reasonably priced. The first night we had to do take out for dinner since Johnny Rockets closed at 9....odd since it's peak holiday season, and the water park closes at 9 too, so stands to reason that people will want a snack after. Other nights they closed at 11.......go figure. We got a tip that they had discount coupons available at restaurant.com, so got a $25 gift card for $10. Meals ran to about $60 for 2 adults,1 child and 1 2 yr old
All in all, a good trip, just don't stay more than 3 days
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready for a fun-filled stay in the Lake George area you'll never forget? The Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park is a 200-room family suite lodge near Lake George, a resort featuring an incredible 38,000 sq ft indoor water park with attractions designed to make every age group smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Queensbury
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge And Indoor Waterpark
- 6 Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
- Great Escape Lodge
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Lake George, NY - Queensbury