I booked early and got an awesome rate- $150 a night which included our waterpark passes. Our room was awesome, just a basic 2 queen room. Like others have said, it is a lodge so nothing to fancy but everyone was every helpful and nice! Upon check in our TV wasn't working- they had it fixed in a half hour. Also, I didn't realize that a soda was $3.25 in the lobby so I was going to have to go back to my room, the staff provided me with a complimentary free soda cup for the remainder of our visit. Things are a little overpriced, but it is vacation and it is supposed to be an all inclusive resort. We ended up going out quite a bit but we did have great experiences at the gift shop, arcade and kids klub. Our daughter got to meet Scooby and read a bedtime book, and it was a Wednesday night off season! My largest complaint is sadly the water park. We were let down. It is very nice, clean, warm and warm water. Locker rentals were $16/DAY! After we found that out we started keeping our things with us. It was an impressive place but our daughter is almost 3 and she was bored. She wanted to do slides that she is able to do at our local water park, but here she was not. We weren't even allowed to go down her slides with her without being yelled at. It was not family oriented at all. Also, lifeguards are RUDE, literally pace around and make you feel like you are in there way. Our worst experience was when we asked about a certain ride and the girl at the bottom said yes we could go up but the girl was pregnant so please don't make her life tubes for us. We thought ok, that's fine we are old enough to do it on our own. Got to the top and she made rude comments at us saying "Are you kidding me", meaning we were "too old" to go down. She was lazy, and if you are going to continue to work while pregnant (which I think is great, don't get me wrong), find a place that you can actually WORK! I paid my money, and wanted to at least try a few of the bigger attractions. She needs to go find a desk job apparently because she was not even friendly.
We would go back but only when our daughter is old enough to enjoy herself and not get yelled at.. The hotel end is awesome, the water park is a letdown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready for a fun-filled stay in the Lake George area you'll never forget? The Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park is a 200-room family suite lodge near Lake George, a resort featuring an incredible 38,000 sq ft indoor water park with attractions designed to make every age group smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Queensbury
- 6 Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge And Indoor Waterpark
- Great Escape Lodge
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Lake George, NY - Queensbury