“awesome time had by all!”

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Plattsburgh, NY
“awesome time had by all!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went with two adults, two nine year holds, and 6mth old. It was great for all we were all tired by end of day. Went back for round two check out day. Johnny rockets was great food and service. Loved not having to drive to eat. Got a great deal on room which was nice. Memory foam mattress and nice faux wood decor, but didn't spend much time in room. Arcade was great fun too! Kids were well occupied. Wonderful experience will go back when right deal presents itself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Colonia
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had A Great Time ! Clean, Friendly & Nice! Great For The Family. Food & All were great. !!
Would highly recomend this place to all. The water park was clean and people were very friendly and helpull. The first aid people are nice to my wife had a problem and they were right there to take care of it. Watch the WAVE Ride ??

Albany, New York
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have to admit, after reading some of the reviews on here, I was a little nervous about what we were going to experience. First of all, let me say that we got a great rate- $139.99 for the basic suite for one night including continental breakfast. I would never pay more than that. I have seen the same room we got going for like $350.00!! To me, that is a rip off but for what we paid, I was very happy with our experience.
We got there at around 1:30 and check in was a breeze. Our room wasn't ready yet which was fine but we got our wrist bands for the water park. I will say that the girl at check in barely said two words to me but I didn't have to wait in line so I didn't really care too much.
My 5 year old son LOVED the water park! Especially the lazy river. It wasn't too crowded which was nice. We did not do any of the bigger waterslides so I can't comment on those but I did see long lines for those slides. We were there all afternoon and at 4, our room was ready. One of my complaints is that the lockers are $15 dollars!! I think that if you have reserved a room and are using the water park before your room is available, the locker should be free. But NOTHING is free at this place. I thought the water was warm and we weren't cold at all. We even went back down to the water park after dinner which was a great time to go because it was pretty empty.
Our room was nice, no complaints there. We went to bed around 9pm and it sounded like a herd of elephants was bowling on the floor above us. Quiet hours are 11pm-7am and by 11, it had quieted down.
My son wasn't interested in doing any of the kids club activities but we did see two characters- a bear and a fox- in the lobby having a little dance party which was cute. The arcade was ok, nothing special, and the prizes are pretty cheap but that's to be expected.
We didn't eat at any of the restaurants but we did try to get a snack for my son at the grill in the waterpark. The line was long and slow moving and they had no popcorn or pretzles available which was what my son wanted. Continental breakfast was lame- some pastries, bagles, tiny mini muffins and cereal- but it was included in our stay so I guess I can't complain too much.
Definitely bring flipflops for the bathroom and I recommend bringing your own beach towels which we did. The ones they provide are smaller than a bath towel and barely covered my 5 year old.
Checkout was also a breeze and the guy that helped me was very friendly. We spent some more time at the water park before we left.
Overall, we had a great time and my son already wants to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Suzanne S
Pawtucket
Reviewed February 4, 2013

What a great family getaway. No lines, no fuss, fun fun fun. I can't wait to go back in the fall and do it all over again. I was so excited that the water was warm. Plenty of lifeguards. Kids were never bored.

Plattsburgh, New York, USA
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My son is 3 years old and had an awesome time, there is enough to do with the whole family. The rooms are really nice and clean. hotel employees are very friendly. I def. plan on taking my family back soon.

1 Thank hoffyrn
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Took advantage of a popular discount (numerous other families there used the same deal). This was our first winter stay having stayed in the summer a couple of years ago. It was a great value and not too crowded. All the rides in the water park were active and the kids had a great time. What prevents a five-star rating: the water temp was a bit colder than I think it should have been especially in the winter. Everyone in my party of six was cold even after having been in the water for a while. Also, the water park staff spent way too much talking to each other and otherwise holding up lines because they weren't paying attention to let the next groups go, especially on the raft rides. That was really annoying. What should have been very short waits turned into 20-minute waits with only a handful of people in front of us.

The room itself was clean and nice, with prompt and friendly service. Zero complaints about the room or the rest of the facility besides the water park.

1 Thank Scott C
Easthampton, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I always loved my stays at the great escape lodge and I wanted to thank you. Whoever this goes to if you could im asking you to share this with your staff and tell them I say thank you. Without you our trips wouldnt exist. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 11 in Queensbury

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!