“Great family escape”

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed December 31, 2012

It was wonderfull for the kids (4 y. old) and for me and my husband. We did boogie board and he took surf lessons for 50$ for 60 minutes course. Than, he could surf for free all the time of our stay at the lodge. First time I see that with the FlowRider.
Great value, clean, safe, fun. We brought our stuff for breakfast and went out to Lake George for lunch, Plenty to do. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is our first visit. We bought a promotion that included breakfast (We prefered breakfast at Johnny Rockets, but the wait for food was really long. The buffet breakfast was good but nothing special). Everything was great. Rooms very clean, pillows are sooooo comfortable. Water park was allot of fun. One minor detail, is that I think there should be more supervision on the slides, as some lifeguards are not pating attention and are just doing repetitive movements. Both of my daughters got hurt because they were not sat properly on the tubes. (7 and 10). Other than that, had a wonderfull time. We will definitly be going back.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was our 4th trip. First visited within 6 months of its open. For the last 3 years, we've gone at Christmas time. Showing some wear and tear. Still, alot of fun for the kids (9 & 5). Older kids and adults would get really bored with the waterpark fast. This, while similar, is NOT Great Wolf, which has a much larger and better waterpark. We visited, for the first time, a Great Wolf this summer. My opinion of Great Wolf was based upon Great Escape Lodge, which we went to first.

The rooms are large and in good shape. Almost the same style and design as the Great Wolf. Beds are very comfortable. We don't eat at the resort to save money - bring it all with us and eat out only once in town. The place is not cheap, but if you spend all day at the waterpark, its just like a amusement park with a room to stay so the price is not offensive when you take that into account.

My only real beef (and its minor) is that since they put dark carpet in the rooms and hallways, they need to be cleaned all the time. The small pieces of dirt and dust show up. We checked in at a busy time, but all desk monitors were manned so they did their best.

As my kids get older, I'm wondering if these type of places have a plan for renovation or expansion of the waterpark section. Gonna get bored soon.....

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The value of the room and water park is really good. It is clean and very decorative. The best thing you can find a meal right there and the kids are entertained in the hotel. Everything was clean and neat and the staff extremely friendly!

1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a fantastic time at the lodge. The staff was EXTRA FRIENDLY and genuinely nice people. My family and I had a great time and will probably be back at the lodge in the future. However with that said when I got home there was a major issue that almost ruined it for me. When checking in they make you aware that they will put a 50 dollar hold of 50 on my credit card. When I went home I was surprised to find out that there was an extra hold of almost 265 dollars! So this is 315 of my own money that I do not even have access to for christmas eve and christmas day after I spend just about all of my money on the trip for the friday to sunday before the holiday. I was not made aware of these transactions and feel like I should have had to sign off on it or something. There was a hold of over 195 dollars made on the sunday when we checked out at 10:30am. I was told it was their computers that did it but it was a major problem for the holiday nontheless. It caused a MAJOR inconvenience christmas eve when I went to take m family out for dinner to find out my card is declined for lack of available funds after I called in and they got in contact with my bank that as supposed to resolve the issue and make the funds available the same day. Christmas eve was extra embarassing having to borrow money from other family that I was taking out for dinner for the holidays to pay for their own meals. I also had to borrow money to be able to do something nice for them on christmas day to make up for the inconvenience. I didnt even find out about the transactions until I was in a store which I had spent over an hour with a salesperson to make a purchase on an item sunday afternoon only for the salesperson to come back saying my credit card had declined... how embarrassing.. I am still waiting to see how they are going to resolve these issues 12/27/12 and i was told by the credit company the credit will be fully available tomorrow morning, the 28th.

1  Thank Edward B
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Looking for a nice quick getaway with the family over the Christmas break we decided to stay 1 night at the lodge. My family has been to many indoor water parks in the northeast and I have to say I was a little disappointed with the overall experience at this water park, considering it's a Six Flags property. Check in was pretty smooth, some of the front desk staff were very friendly others seemed like the have had enough of families & kids for the day. We checked in early, understood the room would not be ready, again we came prepared as we have visited water parks in the past. We get changed & head to the park and most of the rides were shut down for over 1.5 hours. It was very disappointinmg as we were only there for the 1 day. We tried to make the best of it. There are only 3 slides and a lazy river really the other attractions are for the little ones. So after 1-2 hours you are ready to head out. The rooms were clean which is important but the kids running up & down the halls at night was not fun. I tried to get in a workout with my husband in the morning and the "fitness center" was across the hall from guest rooms, not good. The heat was set to 81 degrees unsafe to workout & the front desk said to just prop the door open they could not control the heat...really?? No water or towels and the 3 treadmills were very old. There were also no healthy choices to eat on the property...they need to rethink that. Overall 1 night stay is ok but not more than that.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the fitness center on the 3rd floor. Rooms & the overall hotel are ver...
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had an over night family getaway at the The Great Escape Lodge. We booked a three queen suite and brought along our teenage daughter and 2,3 and 4 year old niece and nephews.
We all had a great time at the indoor waterpark, there is somthing for kids of all ages.
The kids also enjoyed playing games and winning tickets to turn in for toy trinkets in the arcade.
They decorated cookies with Mrs Clause who also told stories aterwards by the fireplace.
The check in and out was fast and easy. Our room was big, clean and cozy with two bathrooms and a kithenette. There are a lot of dining options that all looked good but we ordered pizzas to the room froma local joint.
My only small peave is that the temps were hovering around freezing outside and we were shoked that the room was very cold and took almost an hour to warm up.
We had a great time and will be coming back again.

Room Tip: If its cold outside, call ahead to make sure the heat is on in your room before check in !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#21 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!