The waterpark was the main reason we stayed 1 night here. In the end we got a special rate which was fine considering we had access to the waterpark on 2 days. The room was big..I noticed though that the hotel is very close to the interstate and of course we were facing it..the hotel was quite empty and you would think they would naturally put people on the quiet side. So the noise from the traffic didnt help me sleep well.
The waterpark was ok..water could have been warmer and the attractions were on the tame side for my 11, 12 and 14 year old. But overall they still had a good time. The lifeguards were creepy as they just walked back and forth making strange arm movements as if they were in a trance. Not even quite sure what the arm movements meant but some supervisor somewhere obviously told them it was critical they do this even if nobody was in front of them. Kinda felt sorry for them..even my kids were a bit freaked out by their zombie like movements. However the surfing attraction was popular and the staff there were really good and more humanlike.
Food was the usual fast food..burgers fries..nothing special..the prices were reasonable though. The arcade was popular with my kids..they had great decorations in the lobby for Halloween.
Overall it was the type of hotel I would visit once..doubt I would go back again given that its still pretty expensice even with the deal. And once you see the waterpark once then no reason to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready for a fun-filled stay in the Lake George area you'll never forget? The Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park is a 200-room family suite lodge near Lake George, a resort featuring an incredible 38,000 sq ft indoor water park with attractions designed to make every age group smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Queensbury
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge And Indoor Waterpark
- 6 Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
- Great Escape Lodge
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Lake George, NY - Queensbury