“Don't waste your money.”

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Usually when you have to wait for 30 minutes before being seated you would be under the impression that the food was popular. The hostess took our name said it would be "like less than five minutes." I never saw her again a man came out and went to seat the people BEHIND us (same number of people) Luckily they pointed him our way...
Our waitress was friendly enough but apparently she was too busy to see if we needed anything, (my nephew had chicken tenders and wanted bbq sauce-he was down to one tender when another waitress brought us some.) Finally, my meal arrived. The burger was cooked well, but the onion rings on it were mushy and not at all crisp. The secret sauce was so scant I had to add ketchup so I could swallow it. It was crammed with fries on a plate so small when I put my burger down, it knocked the fries off onto the table. We sat and waited another 30 minutes for our bill. I finally went up to the counter and our original waitress said she would bring it out. A couple minutes later a man threw it across the table and ran away. He said nothing, even as I thanked him. I was disappointed too, that my daughter and the other two children had to sit bored when I saw that other children had crayons and activity paper provided upon arrival. We had not been given that sanity saver... The only redemption (and that is being generous) was the voucher they give with the bill for arcade credits- which the kids are crazy about. I will never go again. Maybe if you have a big group you can get better service.

Room Tip: I didn't stay in the hotel so I can't say anything about it. I would advise anyone else to...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leigh L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We spent one night at the Lodge to celebrate my son's 7th birthday. It was a huge hit with the whole family! The water park was very fun and we spent two days enjoying it. All the attractions were neat and clean within the water park. The lifeguards were helpful, but seemed robotic in their actions. There are obviously strict rules as to what motions they are to perform at each post. The rooms are pricey, but it does include admission to the water park, in our case on day of check-in and check-out as we spent only one night. Food, snacks and lockers at park are very expensive. Next time I would pack breakfast and lunch items as well as snacks. Nothing is complimentary, not even a cup of coffee in the am! My son also loved the arcade. Location of the lodge is nice, next to outlets, restaurants, and many other attractions. Upon leaving the resort my son commented that he wants to return for his birthday next year...for five nights!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Margaret R
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I must say that the service is excellent. The place is old but clean. The beds are very comfortable. The room is average and has a fridge. My 4 and 9 year old loved the place. Could not get them out of the slides. The place is well maintained. By the way, the lifeguards are everywhere and they are doing an excellent job. I was surprised how well they "monitor" every inches of the place. This is reassuring for me. There are a few restaurants but as you would expect, nothing really healthy. For example, a lunch package including fries for 4, 4 drinks and 3 pieces of fried chicken will cost you $40.00. A breakfast for 4 (2 kids, 2 adults) will also cost you just about the same. The place is well located near the strips where all out the outlets are located. My wife appreciated this, the kids, a bit less... The only negative comment I have is the costs. It can cost you close to 1K for 2 nights including everything. There was also 1 of the 2 days we were there where they closed the slides for about 1 hours and one of the play park for another hour. Could not figure out why. Other than that, I would recommend this place and would go back without any hesitations.

Room Tip: The locker at the water park is included in the price of the room. Don't forget to ask for it. T...
1  Thank Martymart8864
Reviewed August 24, 2012

no hot water in shower, no big fridge for a suite that has 3 queen beds, a bunk bed and a sofa bed... so our mini fridge was crammed with kids milk and juices... no healthy restaurant food options at the hotel at all... 2 lamps were not working considering the whole suite wasn't well lighted.. the kids had a blast at the freezing waterpark.. music was waaayy to loud in there and the bathrooms were nasty.. btw, the total cost of each room per nt was around 615.00... whatever. just glad it's over.

3  Thank j g
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in early August and the stay was great! The whole place is built around the waterpark and is mainly for kids. The indoor waterpark isn't huge but the kids really enjoyed it and we had a tough time getting them out of there.
Our room was good with the best part being that it was quite large and was great for the 5 of us. Our room had 2 queen beds and a pull out couch in a separate living room area. It also had a table and chairs to sit at, coffee table, microwave and mini fridge. We had a choice of floors and it was recommended by staff that we stay on the 4th (top) floor as it tended to be quieter, which it was.
The location of the hotel is great! Just off I-87 and close to restaurants, outlet malls and only a 5 minute drive down Route 9 to Lake George.
I would return to this hotel but only with the kids and only while they are young enough to enjoy the waterpark.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are quieter as you don't have anyone above you
2  Thank John S
Reviewed August 23, 2012

No hot water in shower, the staff at the tavern put us on a wait list of 20 minutes because we ask for a table that was not cleaned and they wanted us to be where "they" wanted us to be seated. They where upset about our request. I just can't deal with staff like that. They don't need you. Had to go have lunch to the village.
This place is "way" to expensive for what they offer you.

My daughter loved the water park and the arcade.

2  Thank Bruno B
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We visted the Great Escape Lodge Indoor Water Park. We had a wonderful time in the water park. We didn't have enough time to buy tickets to the theme park across the street as we only had a one night getaway. The kids were disappointed because they advertise that Scooby Doo does S'mores at night with the kids. They fail to advertise this is not EVERY night. There is a schedule, if your kids really want to see Scooby and not some random forest animal, I recommend calling a head to ask about their schedule and what nights he is available as well as Sundae's with Scrappy. The cost is high to stay at the hotel for the size of the room you get, it looks much bigger in the pictures than it actually is, which is usualy the case at most hotels. If we went back I would consider staying at another hotel and buying a day pass for the waterpark.

2  Thank VAD7900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lake George (Queensbury), NY
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#12 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!