We stayed here for 2 nights last year because it is a short drive (about an hour) from where we live, and we wanted to escape the harsh winter and go swimming.
We took our 3 kids, and they had a blast. All of us went on the water slides and enjoyed it a lot, especially considering the real weather outside.
My youngest child really enjoyed the Looney Toon characters that walked around, told bedtime stories, and took pics with her. All the kids had fun in the arcade.
We found the staff at the hotel to be very helpful and accodomating except for the staff at the main restaurant.
Definitely eat somewhere else, the food is way overpriced and very odd considering it is a family hotel ( no real kid foods) I saw duck and other fancy foods and was surprised that there weren't things like chicken fingers, nachos, etc. They do have more typical foods in the snack bar but it's not open late and it's not that great anyway.
I'd recommend the place across the street, Old Post Grill, very good food, quick service, and much more friendly waitress.
Also the room was new and clean, but walls were extra thin, bring earplugs if you expect to sleep. I heard a baby crying all night from the room behind me. Also the pillows are horrible, too thin and soft, I would recommend bring pillows from home if you like a supportive one.
But despite the negatives, it's a fun place, great for the kids, not terribly expensive, we spent appox. $800 total including food, in our 3 day, 2 night mini vacation. We will go back this winter most likely for another little escape from the snow. I would never spend my money and stay here any other time of the year, though, unless it was the dead of winter. And in the winter there is not much else open for business in the area, so a long stay is not advisable, or you will get bored.
Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready for a fun-filled stay in the Lake George area you'll never forget? The Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park is a 200-room family suite lodge near Lake George, a resort featuring an incredible 38,000 sq ft indoor water park with attractions designed to make every age group smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Queensbury
- 6 Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge And Indoor Waterpark
- Great Escape Lodge
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Lake George, NY - Queensbury