“Excellent. A must try.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Creative menu. It was a hard choice but I had the Adirondacker sandwich which consisted of rare roast beef with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese and horseradish with a thousand island spread on a fresh baked roll. Delicious! Waitress was attentive and food came quickly. Enjoyed browsing the store part after eating. Would stop again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

A 45 minute wait allowed us to explore the store. It was neat, but lots of collectibles and knick nacks. The Old Forge Hardware store is much more interesting in my opinion. The building is nice, very charming and rustic.

The service was excellent. Friendly and attentive. We ordered eggs Benedict and some home fries, also a side of hash with a sticky bun to satisfy our hour long wait. Sticky bun was good. Warm and gooey. The eggs Benedict, one vegetable and one regular with ham were good. The ham was good quality Canadian bacon, decently poached eggs and an alright hollandaise. Not much flavor in the hollandaise. Needed some more citrus or some salt. The home fries were good, kind of bland but some had a nice crisp. I think seasoning would have helped. Corned beef hash was unfortunately canned, cooked well though.

Overall a real solid place, decent prices and good atmosphere. Unfortunately I couldn't recommend heartily because I don't think the food was worth the wait.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you have the opportunity, you must stop at The Silo whether it's for a great meal at an even greater price or just to walk thru their gift areas. When we arrived in Glens Falls we stopped for lunch, which my friend and I both enjoyed. On our way out of Glens Falls we stopped again for Breakfast. Since it was Sunday morning, the place was packed! Since our wait was going to be a crazy 30-45 minutes, we chose to walk thru their gift areas. They have a little bit of everything so there is definitely something for everyone. By the time we were done (oh yes, I'm afraid I did spend a little money on fudge and a gift) our outside table was ready. I still can't stop telling people about the Bagel & Lox I had there. It was, without a doubt, the best I've ever had. While it looks very "country" I can tell you the food definitely has a wonderful gourmet look & taste. Did I mention the large portions!!! Believe me when I tell you that you get more than your money's worth. The staff is GREAT too.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast and wait staff is absolutely amazing. Every time I go I always make my own omelette that comes with wheat toast (there are other options for toast). It is so delicious my mouth is watering just thinking about it. The silo is a very unique and great place to dine or to pick up a cute gift for a friend or loved one. I also have gotten breakfast to go on several occasions and have never been dissatisfied.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Loved this place. Great atmosphere, general store in front. Had a delicious breakfast, wonderful service. Been to many breakfast places in the area and this is the best. Definitely will go back again. Next time, maybe lunch.