“Only do Lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
queensbury,ny
“Only do Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

Not a bad place for lunch items only. Don't waste your money on dinner. Never been able to get a decent steak, either chewy, tasteless or never cooked right. If you order it rare you might get medium well, if ordered well done, (wife) you also get medium well. Finally gave up after several trips. Other dinner items that I have tried are also mediocre at best. Wait staff are friendly enough. Keep it to lunch type items and you'll do o.k.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Riverview, Canada
“Meal could've been much better had waitress been knowledgeable.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

We were vacationing in the area from Canada and heard that Applebee's was a great place to eat. I think that may be the case but the waitress that served us did not have enough knowledge of the product that she was serving.
I ordered the "Double-Glazed Baby Back Ribs" and asked if "Sweet & Spicy - Spicy Asian flair" sauce was very spicy as I do not like too hot.
The waitress said not to worry about it, that it would be just a little on the spicy side.
Well, the first bite nearly made my lips disappear ... lol
If I had known I would never have ordered Sweet & Spicy. This experience was not the best, but I may give them another try as the atmosphere was pretty good .
At this time I cannot recommend Applebees.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great but could have been better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

great but could have been better

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York
“don't go if you are vegetarian”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2008

recently we ordered take out and when we arrived home half of the order wasn't there. I called the restaurant and they apologized. Went back and picked up the rest and was pleasantly surprised that they gave us our food for free for the inconvenience. However, we specifially asked if some of the food was meat free -as vegetarians were eating it. It had bacon in it. the hamburger ordered was charred beyond taste. So if I had to pay for it we would have been terribly upset. Don't think we will give them another chance.

Upstate NY
“Family Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2008

I went here on a Saturday evening for dinner. The place was pretty busy but we only had a ten minute wait. The new menus are very confusing and a bit difficult to understand. The food was good but I do not advise the Citrus Teriyaki boneless buffalo wings. The honey BBQ ones were much better. The mini bacon cheese burgers are always good and all of the dessert shooters are very good too. The dynamite shrimp is something you might want to try. Applebee's is an ideal place to go for a nice Family dinner.