“Perfect for what I was looking for.”

Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Montreal
“Perfect for what I was looking for.”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I only stayed here for one night while seeing a concert in Saratoga and doing osme shopping, but the hotel provided what I was looking for. It was affordable, quiet, easy to get to and extremely comfortable. An included breakfast and workout room would have been nice, but my stay was short so I didn't miss them. It's right next to shopping and restaurants in Glens Falls and is a much cheaper alternative than the hotels in Saratoga. The room was big and very clean and although the hotel was next to the Interstate it was very quiet and secluded.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
florida
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Met with Debbie at the front desk, found her to be extremely personable and knowledgable about the Lake George area and the many attractions offered. She attended to all our needs and extended all hotel courtesies. With 32 years of service for the Ramada Inn, she is an asset to her employer(s).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank horsesenseablility
Long Island, NY
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We enjoyed our stay this past week and would recommend to others. The indoor pool was lovely and plenty warm. I loved getting extra pillows on the bed. The location was convenient for visiting the Six Flags/ Great escapes amusement park. I found the service to be quite friendly. All was clean and the decor was just fine (typical hotel decor). My main goal is a clean/quiet/functional room when I travel and this had it all.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
PA
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Only drawback is no breakfast is provided. There is however an excellent German restaurant on the premises, but it's a little pricey for breakfast. Highly recommend it for dinner. Nice pool. No cancel/refund rate makes it affordable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
NY
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Just off the Rt. 87/ Northway, but tucked away from road, so its quiet, no traffic. Rooms are basic, but always clean. GREAT staff. Not far from all the attractions in Lake George.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank PCB-511
coopersburg pa
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We found the rooms to be very clean and updated. Beds have the new memory foam mattresses and were very comfortable. Bed linens were spotless as well as the room. Showers both in the AM and PM had plenty of hot water. Very quiet for being right next to the interstate. The desk clerk was friendly and efficient. Would recommend.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Lake George is one of my family's favorite weekend getaways. We have our favorite hotels but due to a last minute decision to get away to Lake George we found that our favorite hotels were booked. In fact, almost ALL the hotels in the area with indoor pools were booked solid so we ended up at the Ramada. I was a bit nervous because the reviews on this property were mixed and maybe availiability was a sign to avoid this property. However, we were really anxious to get away and so we went ahead and booked. The hotel is nicely located - just off the Thruway and close to restaurants, outlets, The Great Escape, etc. Knowing that Lake George is a seasonal kind of place and many hotels are open less than six months a year, I always adjust my expectations. The lobby was clean and pleasant. The workers behind the desk were nice and the manager was very helpful. My room was clean and in good shape. The only strange thing about my room was that I noticed other rooms had desks and a wooden bench for luggage and my room didn't. Many times my husband will bring his computer and do some work and not having a desk would have been a major inconvenience had he needed to do so that weekend. The bathroom had a sink and shower/tub. There was an additional sink outside the bathroom and that was very convenient. The hotel has a pool but the water was absolutely freezing. I hope managenment does something about that. All in all, we were pleased with this property and would not hesitiate to return.

• Liked — Rooms were clean
  • Disliked — Cold pool, no desk
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 11 in Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
Queensbury Hotel
Queensbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#9 of 88 in Lake George

Been to Ramada Queensbury/Lake George? Share your experiences!