“Very nice, convenient as well”

Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Long Island, NY
“Very nice, convenient as well”
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We enjoyed our stay this past week and would recommend to others. The indoor pool was lovely and plenty warm. I loved getting extra pillows on the bed. The location was convenient for visiting the Six Flags/ Great escapes amusement park. I found the service to be quite friendly. All was clean and the decor was just fine (typical hotel decor). My main goal is a clean/quiet/functional room when I travel and this had it all.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
PA
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Only drawback is no breakfast is provided. There is however an excellent German restaurant on the premises, but it's a little pricey for breakfast. Highly recommend it for dinner. Nice pool. No cancel/refund rate makes it affordable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
NY
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Just off the Rt. 87/ Northway, but tucked away from road, so its quiet, no traffic. Rooms are basic, but always clean. GREAT staff. Not far from all the attractions in Lake George.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank PCB-511
coopersburg pa
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We found the rooms to be very clean and updated. Beds have the new memory foam mattresses and were very comfortable. Bed linens were spotless as well as the room. Showers both in the AM and PM had plenty of hot water. Very quiet for being right next to the interstate. The desk clerk was friendly and efficient. Would recommend.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Lake George is one of my family's favorite weekend getaways. We have our favorite hotels but due to a last minute decision to get away to Lake George we found that our favorite hotels were booked. In fact, almost ALL the hotels in the area with indoor pools were booked solid so we ended up at the Ramada. I was a bit nervous because the reviews on this property were mixed and maybe availiability was a sign to avoid this property. However, we were really anxious to get away and so we went ahead and booked. The hotel is nicely located - just off the Thruway and close to restaurants, outlets, The Great Escape, etc. Knowing that Lake George is a seasonal kind of place and many hotels are open less than six months a year, I always adjust my expectations. The lobby was clean and pleasant. The workers behind the desk were nice and the manager was very helpful. My room was clean and in good shape. The only strange thing about my room was that I noticed other rooms had desks and a wooden bench for luggage and my room didn't. Many times my husband will bring his computer and do some work and not having a desk would have been a major inconvenience had he needed to do so that weekend. The bathroom had a sink and shower/tub. There was an additional sink outside the bathroom and that was very convenient. The hotel has a pool but the water was absolutely freezing. I hope managenment does something about that. All in all, we were pleased with this property and would not hesitiate to return.

• Liked — Rooms were clean
  • Disliked — Cold pool, no desk
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Stayed here for Americade week, the yearly motorcycle rally in Lake George. Friends of ours had booked 3 nights and the next day we were told that there was a 4 night minimum and they wouldn't accept anything less. So, we relented and booked the 4 nights. The hotel is convienient to the highway, or to Rt. 9 into Lake George. It is situated directly next to the highway, so if traffic noise bothers you, you're out of luck. It is nice, though, that it's out of the way and has a nice German restaurant and bar downstairs. Ute, the chef, makes the most amazing German dishes - we had 2 dinners and 3 breakfasts there, although there is a wide choice in the area. She's authentic!

The hotel itself is dated. We had room 227, which was neat and clean with plenty of bathroom amenities. The sliding glass door to the 3 inch balcony was a beast to open and close - obviously from years of abuse. The hallways REAKED of cigarette smoke, I'm assuming from the years-saturated carpets. The pool was beautiful and well kept. There was no one there when I went in. Plenty of towels available. Housekeeping was quick and efficient, as was our check-in by a young lady who fixed her MANAGERS screw up on our reservation. She told us she was giving us a discount for the inconvienence, but that very manager only gave me my AAA discount upon check-out. I was entitled to that anyway as a member. He was smug and unapologetic to us and I believe that she should get his job.

Overall, this is not a place I would readily stay at again, but if you can get a really, really good price - go for it. As for me, I'll start looking around for next year's stay now.

• Liked — Convienient location
  • Disliked — Smell of cigarettes / Front desk manager
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mom4marley
Blainville
Reviewed December 8, 2007

We stayed overnight by chance on a roadtrip. Arrived at 1:00am and at first was hesitant. Area was spooky at that time of night...Hallways smelled of cigarette smoke...However, was pleasantly surprised with the room 156. Room was very clean and a normal size with a separate table and chairs and a minifridge. Bathroom was standard size, but there was a separate vanity just outside the regular bathroom which was very convenient. Heating was very noisy! The beds were very comfortable though.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Invis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Queensbury Hotel
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#12 of 88 in Lake George

Been to Ramada Queensbury/Lake George? Share your experiences!