“nice but noisy”

Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed here one night. The room was clean and comfortable, but near the road so there was the constant sound of traffic all night. Coffee maker, fridge and microwave were a plus. Flat screen TV kept shutting off.Front desk staff was very polite. Restaurant food was ok but prices were a bit high.

Room Tip: See if they have rooms that may be away from the traffic noise
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I don't know for what travelers this motel was intended (Lake George vacations, Lake Champlain boat launchers), and so I can't say how well it suits such purposes. As for my wife and I, we were just sojourners on our way to Montreal, and it was perfect. The room was clean and in great shape, with all of the things one can expect in a modern motel chain (swipe keys, flat screen TVs on cable, internet connectivity (we didn't use though), outside vanity, hairdryer, in-room coffee/tea set-up, complimentary newspapers, etc.). For our tastes, the beds were outstanding (on the firm side). We slept well, and, although near the highway, there was no roadway noise. The staff was pleasant and helpful. There were a couple of lobby computers to tool around on the internet if you were traveling without a web-enabled device and needed to check something. The hotel had a little pub with a pool table, which gave us a little on-site diversion. There was enough action in the local community to find a few workable local restaurants. The community appeared safe.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frank I
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I stayed here for 11 days, including the weekend of hurricane Irene, for work in Glens Falls. I found the service by housekeeping and the front desk to be good. Both responded to my requests quickly, professionally, and with a smile. The restaurant & adjoining pub, run by a German couple, are good for dinner and a good selection of beers. I found breakfast to be OK, but a little more than I wanted to spend. I ended up buying a box of cereal, some fruit, and milk and keeping it in my micro-frige for the second half of my stay. Perhaps the hotel & restauraunt could collaborate to offer a rate that includes a hot or cold breakfast. The washing machine & dryer worked well. I had one minor annoyance: my key cards kept needing to be reset every two or three days so that I could get into the hotel side doors and room - I'm not sure why. I had one safety concern: the backup generator for the second floor emergency lights stopped working the Sunday evening of the hurrincane and still did not work during the power failure on Tuesday night. I hope this has been resolved since my departure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank jdamred
Reviewed July 29, 2011

WE stayed at this hotel, but the room was not cleaned. The rooms were dark, not too thrilled with room service.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel with several other families who had traveled from Indiana to participate in a basketball camp at the local high school. This was a great place for our group. It's kind of off the beaten path and not really in the touristy part of the region. This was perfect for us because we didn't have to deal with traffic in the mornings when we were going to the camp. But is was still close enough to all the attractions that we could go out in the evenings.

The pool is connected to the rest of the building with an enclosed hallway. This was also great for our group because it meant the girls could be pretty loud in the pool area without bothering other guests. We were disappointed to learn the pool closed at 9pm, since most nights we were just getting in at 9pm (and we had to leave early in the morning before the pool opened for the basketball camp everyday). A couple of nights we were already in the pool before 9pm, and the hotel staff did not make us leave. We were able to swim until around 11pm. This was great for our girls, and it made it much easier for the parents because keeping a large group of teenage girls quiet in the hotel rooms and hallways isn't always so easy. The pool area was a much better location for them to swim, play cards, do each others' nails, and so on. There's a nice picnic area right outside the pool. We were able to order pizza and eat outside on the picnic tables together instead of each family having to eat their pizza in their own room. The pool building itself has tables and chairs as well. Our only complaint about the pool area was the temperature of the building. For the parents who were trying to supervise their children but weren't swimming themselves, it was way too steamy. The doors need to be propped open on hot days.

This is an older hotel, but it's still in decent condition. The rooms were clean. The pool was clean. We were able to get a good group rate, so it was definitely worth the price we paid. We really like the hotel. I wish we could say the same about the restaurant (which we were told is not really affiliated with the hotel) on the premises.

Room Tip: No elevators, so if you have trouble with stairs, ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank chrellis
Reviewed July 25, 2011

All in all, my family had a very good experience staying here...The room was clean, the maid was friendly and courteous, Jason was great at the front desk! I would stay here again...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jbud324
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I brought a group of around 60 to the Ramada and was very impressed with their service. The sales lady stayed late just to greet our group and they had the keys ready for me when we checked in. The rooms were nice. They let me have the pool to ourselves after hours and BBQ in their backyard. All in all a great and uneventful stay and we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank ergel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#4 of 11 in Queensbury
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Queensbury Hotel
Queensbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls

Been to Ramada Queensbury/Lake George? Share your experiences!