“Must Stay”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Bayside, New York
“Must Stay”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great hotel, a must stay if you are traveling and don't want to waste time, 1 minute away from I-87N. The guy at the front desk, Patel, very nice guy. Good self service breakfast can save you some extra money. I will recommend to my friends and family.Much cheaper than surrounding area hotels.If you don't want to pay a higher price but you want everything you need. Ill be staying there again next month.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DaysInnQueensbury, General Manager at Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. We are delighted that you had such a great stay. It is always nice to hear compliments as our front desk is award winning for outstanding customer service. I hoe the next time you are in the area we will have the pleasure of you staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I did not expect much for the cheap stay at this Days but was I surprised when I entered the room. It was clean, their heaters actually worked, and the tv was huge (they put it a lot of money to make your stay enjoyable and cost very little per night). When I'm up in Queensbury again, this is no doubt the place I'll choose to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014
New York
Reviewed December 22, 2013

2 Star Motel recently renovated and fully updated.

PROS: They did a really nice job modernizing, the room has been upgraded entirely top to bottom from a questionable motel-in-the-middle-of-nowhere to an actually pretty nice comfortable bedroom. The orange paint brings the room to life, the big screen 46" LCD TV is mounted on the wall, new microwave and unused new fridge, furniture is all modern which I would be happy to have at my house, new light fixtures, bedding was new and comfortable, the works. It really is the best room for under $100 that I've stayed in. Free Wifi and coffee in the morning.

CONS: (These are mostly petty) It's a little tough to find, tiny little sign by CJs Cafe - keep an eye for the turn it comes up quick. The outside of the building still looks like an old trucker-stop style motel (but don't be deceived the rooms really are quite a pleasant surprise in being nice). The internet is a little bit weak and does the standard hotel cut out at the most important times but hey I'm on it right now and it's working. Lighting is a bit dim in the room despite the 5 new fixtures, it's cozy though but not bright. Breakfast is a half-of-an-effort, coffee and an english muffin (I wouldn't touch the cereal looks like it's been there for a few years). Cleaning - as is typical (and frustrating) the cleaning lady barged right into my room without as much as a a knock at 10am, I was getting dressed and ready for work...when I came back could tell she had replaced the towels (which were dirty before I arrived), took out the garbage, and made the bed - that said the sheets were not changed, not that I need them to be during my stay, but made me wonder if that is just the standard procedure..

OVERALL: Pretty great steal for $60, one of the best rooms for under $100 I've stayed in. The updates and renovations really are quite nice and give it a much higher level grade then the outside. 2.5 star rating in hotel world, 4 star rating for cost to quality.

Room Tip: they have all been newly renovated - rather nicely.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review and compliment our hotel. We are delighted to hear you had such a great experience while staying with us. We strive to make a positive experience with every stay everyday. We hope you will come to visit us again in the near future.
Florida
Reviewed December 18, 2013

It's a great location.Friendly service at the front desk, and the room was immaculate! Very clean!!!
Excellent breakfast.This was the second time I have stayed here.I will recommend to my friends and family.Much cheaper than surrounding area hotels.If you don't want to pay a higher price but you want everything you need and a nice bed to sleep in near Lake George, the Days Inn Queensbury is the hotel for you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Saint-Basile-le-Grand, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

It is an OK motel, old but clean and well maintained. The room was small, but the point was to be in the room to sleep! There is a fridge and a microwave in the room. The manager is kind and there to help. Breakfast is simple, two kinds of cereal, waffle, english muffin, store bought doughnut, yogourt, ... If we ever go back to Lake George, I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnQueensbury, General Manager at Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are happy to hear you had such a great experience while visiting. We hope the next time you are in town; we will have the honor of having you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 11 in Queensbury
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Queensbury Hotel
Queensbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#14 of 88 in Lake George

Been to Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George? Share your experiences!